• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
omega

Door Locks

omega

is there anybody that does uprated door locks 4 the 205 as mine open with any key and they seam 2 be a cheap item as standard ta

omega

prehaps im the only one with this proplem then

Baz

They shouldn't open with any key! Perhaps just replace them with a new set & key?

omega

thought of that just thought there might be a upgrade as ive got to replace them thanks anyway

vicious-monkey87

you could probably take some from a different car and put them on the doors. it would mean you'd have a seperate key for ignition and for the locks tho!

pug_ham

After someone tried to break into my 205 to steal the stereo in Leigh on Sea ages ago I bought some Solex high security locks but I've since removed them after I got a complete new lockset & always remove the stereo even if I can see the car like I could then.

Graham.

omega

hi where did u get these solex locks from ?did they fit as a direct replacement? thanks for info

omega

just done a google search and found a supplier only down side is that il have 3 keys 1 door,1 boot as no replacement and one ignition

Super Josh

I'm running a set of the Solex locks. They have the added advantage that they lock the mechanism on the 'locked' position, so effectively deadlocking the doors.

Josh

omega

any proplems fitting them?

pug_ham

IIRC you need to file one of the slots in the door minutely to get the lock to seat in the hole properly but it made no difference when I fitted the new original locks back when I removed them.

I got mine from some random add out of Max Power iirc but that was 10+ years ago.

Still got them here somewhere if you want a set.

Graham.

omega

thanks for the info was talking about this last night with a mate and he said if some toe rag wants anything they just bust the window any wayand he reckons the best way is 2 delock the doors and spend the money on a alarm that locks them so phoned a alarm place up this morning had a quote of 320 for a thatcham cat 1 alarm fitted.cant afford that at the moment and i dont think ive ever seen a 205 delocked any body got any thoughts on this?

Sign in to follow this