• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Mikey S

Central Locking Motors

Mikey S

i have always had trouble with the central locking motors packing up on my 205. over the years i have collected loads from scrapyards from various 205's and 309's but now there starting to dry up there becoming more difficult to obtain.

my mate at work had a set of motors from an astra mk3 and my n/s door motor had packed up with no available replacement. so we set about making it fit.

we pinned it out ( 3 pins on an astra compared to 2 on the 205) and found the correct pins. the mounting holes in the doors had to be elongated a small amount to allow the motor to fit, but they work perfect and lock and unlock fine on my 205.

i will post some photos tommorow if anyone is interested, including which wires and pins to use, so you can all have ago. i will also have a look at the drivers door motors as there almost the same. if i can figure it out i will post my results up on here.

the quality difference between the 2 is miles apart. fingers crossed they should outlast the old pug ones!

mike

rapidcossie
i have always had trouble with the central locking motors packing up on my 205. over the years i have collected loads from scrapyards from various 205's and 309's but now there starting to dry up there becoming more difficult to obtain.

my mate at work had a set of motors from an astra mk3 and my n/s door motor had packed up with no available replacement. so we set about making it fit.

we pinned it out ( 3 pins on an astra compared to 2 on the 205) and found the correct pins. the mounting holes in the doors had to be elongated a small amount to allow the motor to fit, but they work perfect and lock and unlock fine on my 205.

i will post some photos tommorow if anyone is interested, including which wires and pins to use, so you can all have ago. i will also have a look at the drivers door motors as there almost the same. if i can figure it out i will post my results up on here.

the quality difference between the 2 is miles apart. fingers crossed they should outlast the old pug ones!

mike

pics would be good

GLPoomobile

Interesting. It's something I've considered, but using motors from something like a VAG model for better quality.

Do they sound different? Do they have a much nicer, quiet, smooth sound?

M@tt

i replaced mine with a set from maplins, cheap as chips iirc £20 for 5 motors and all associated wiring, more powerful and quiet!

Super Josh
Do they sound different? Do they have a much nicer, quiet, smooth sound?

I think the 205 locking system sounding so tinny is down to the cheap, thin doors made from recycled Kitkat wrappers and old Chinese takeaway cartons though :blink:

Josh

GLPoomobile
I think the 205 locking system sounding so tinny is down to the cheap, thin doors made from recycled Kitkat wrappers and old Chinese takeaway cartons though :blink:

Josh

Agreed. Just like when you get that satisfying, heavy, dull thud when you close the door on a modern car. I'm sure a better motor must sound a little bit nicer though.

Craigo

does the central locking system tie into any other electrics in the loom? as i *think* my car has central locking, but it sure dont work, so i want to remove the wires as the car is stripped out, and the loom seems to go from one door to another straight under the pedals! if i do this, will i kill any other electrics?

SeanO'Connor

Stick some instructions and pics up, mine are all over the place and need improving!

Mikey S
Stick some instructions and pics up, mine are all over the place and need improving!

will get some up asap, been a bit busy as of late.

miamistu

Hi, did you ever get round to taking photos of this?

Are they still working ok?

My passenger door lock is very slow and makes a horrible squealing noise whenever it locks or unlocks! :)

Mikey S
Hi, did you ever get round to taking photos of this?

Are they still working ok?

My passenger door lock is very slow and makes a horrible squealing noise whenever it locks or unlocks! :)

no not as of yet, been busy welding etc and completely forgot about it!:)

there still working fine.

will pull the door card off this week for you mate. :)

miamistu

Cheers. Out of interest, do the locks from the Astra use motors or solenoids?

CosKev

Pics and write up?????? :)

base-1

Don't be grumpy, would only cost you a couple of quid to do it yourself, the man says it works and basically told you how to do it already!

ALEX

I had a MK3 Asrta and I know what you mean about the quality difference. It makes you wonder why Vauxhall parts are much cheaper than Peugeot parts too?

If your going though door actuators this often, there's something a miss, I'm still on my original ones and the cars done 168000 miles!!

They sound smooth as the day they were new too.

ALEX
Cheers. Out of interest, do the locks from the Astra use motors or solenoids?

Solenoids