• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mhyphenl

Engine Management Light On

mhyphenl

When I got my 1.9 '93 DKZ most of the wiring had been bodged to make it look like it was working. Now i've got everything back to standard the light comes on after 2 mins, (ie when the SAD has done its job) and stays on most of the time apart from under moderate acceleration. The fault code is 52 which is a list of many things concerning fuel mixture.

Starting with the exhaust at the weekend as I had access to a pit, I tested the Lambda sensor, it was showing barely any voltage accross the sensor terminal, the supply voltage was fine! This doesn't seem right to me. Could this be the error, lambda out of range? and what does a low reading mean? The car runs well but seems a little pinkie on acceleration? Is it lean or rich. Its a motronic 1.3 so as far as i know there's no adjustment for timing or CO.

Any educated guesses?

Henry Yorke

Sounds likely it is lamda related as they are not that electronically advanced. I doubt it is the cat as the sensor is before the cat IIRC. It would probably be worth getting it emissions tested.

Try www.thedervdoctor.co.uk as they are in Ashbourne and I know Gav who runs it has a fancy snapon scanner that can read all the feeds to the ECU and does have a gas analyser there. He also has some experience with 205's as well from either his own Mi16 on throttle bodies and management or my CTI turbo

Sign in to follow this