• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Para

Goodridge Hoses

Para

Hi there

I am looking for set of Goodridge hoses for my GTI, problem is there is so many different types of brakes in Peugeot that i don't know which one I should order.

I have 1.9 calipers in front and standard 1.6 GTI drums / rear. I was checking Goodridge catalogue and it tells me that there is two different types of drums on 1991 1.6 GTI, Bendix and Lucas. Is it right ? Which one should i go for ?

Thanks

Mike

Anthony

Just order a 1.6 GTi kit - that'll fit 1.9 calipers on the front fine, and it doesn't matter which type of drum is fitted as the beam flexi's are the same

GLPoomobile

As far as I'm aware, and stand to be corrected, if you have a 1.6 still using 1.6 drum brakes at the rear, you just need to order a 1.6 set (regardless of the 2 different drum brands, or the fact you have 1.9 front calipers). The only time you'd run in to any kind of confusion or awkwardness with buying braided lines is if you have fitted discs to the rear of a 1.6 set up, or if you have used bigger brakes at the front requiring longer lines to reach the calipers. As neither apply to you, don't worry.

Para

Thanks a lot guys, that's a great news for me.

bill

If your on about braided steel hoses here mate i'd be carefull myself, i've had 3 sets let go on me, all on mot tests luckily, and all 3 seperate cars, ( non pug btw )mot tester couldn't beleive it, its a bit of a running joke now, when i need an mot, had they let go on the road, well who knows might not be sat here writing this lol

Jrod

Where did you buy them from? Fitted properly? i.e not chafing or twisted?

Never heard of people having problems before.

dirtdog

I thought they were lifetime guarentee...

Edit> or is that just the solid lines?

Edited by dirtdog

Miles

I've had a set fail on me, At the MOT station of all thing's.

I would replace them at least every 3 years from experance now depending on use

Para

I bought mines on ebay, exactly the same as here : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Peugeot-205-1-6-1-6i...%3A1|240%3A1318

Hope to not have any problems with them.

I just read this topic http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=95253 sorry for being lame but that mean that I will have to make some changes to the set which I bought to fit it in my car ???? I thought it will be straight forward

bill
Where did you buy them from? Fitted properly? i.e not chafing or twisted?

Never heard of people having problems before.

my first set i bought and got fitted at a motorsport place, cant remember the name something like r & a stage? something along those lines anyway, the other 2 sets where on my cars when i bought them, i'd advise changing them regularly as said, i thing the problem is, you cant see if theres any wear going on, you only know when you've got nothing there and your about to plough in the back of someone!

Jrod
all kits come with the security of our Forever Guarantee.

I'd be having words with them if they are failing!

Sign in to follow this