• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
RINRIN

Afm Temp Sensor

RINRIN

Hello

I refurbished the AFM and put back it on to car. Everything is OK but something is still in my mind.

I made the refurbishment according to http://www.frwilk.com/944dme/afm.htm

In this article the AFM has 4 pins but mine has 5 pins. So the thing is how to check the AFM temp sensor, between which pins shold I read the resistance

between 3 and 4 in the picture?

post-12303-1227094142_thumb.jpg

welshpug

My Haynes manual shows the terminals of the AFM to be numbered on its socket, 5 9 E 7 8 from left to right.

the readings it shows are;

5-8, 340 to 450 ohms.

9-8, 160 to 300 ohms.

5-7, and move the flap with a screwdriver, 60-1000 ohms.

Edited by welshpug

RINRIN

Thanks,

I have the haynes manual, but when I maka a search for AFM there is nothing found in section 4c. :)

When I was making the AFM refurbishment I also check the resistance values and all was below 1k ohms. This made me confusing. Some say that instead of making AFM resistance check make a voltage check.

In the frwillk page the resistance values are to high for the temp sensor :)

Do you know which of these pins are for temp sensor.

Can you share your haynes? ;)

welshpug

It doesn't state which pins are for the Air temperature sensor and I have never dismantled an AFM so I cannot be sure which pair they would be!

Just to confirm, yours is a Jetronic car right?

P.S my Haynes manuals are nearly all Workshop ones, not Service and repair, and the information is in Chapter 3.

RINRIN

Mine is Le Jetronic.

I have the Haynes service and repair. Where can I find the one like yours?

BTW thanks for help :)

Ryan

The old "Workshop" haynes manuals have been out of print for about 10 years. There are usually plenty of them on ebay though. (easy way to recognise them is the black and white car picture on the cover)

The old ones are about twice as thick and have a lot more pictures. Both the old and new ones each contain things that the other doesn't, so it's well worth having both.

welshpug

there are several years of manual as well, I have one of the first prints that only covers the phase 1-1.5 cars (83-89) a second that does up to 93, and a third that covers up to 1995.

if you can't find a specific 205 manual however a 309 manual will do the trick, all the wiring is near identical, I believe the 405 manual would also give some values.

RINRIN

You made me mad, I have to find it :)

RINRIN

I made a search but could not find it online. I need to buy it :blink:

Dutch205er

Hmm, let's try to find those :)

johny105_y2k

just bought one,

£3.75

ebay

johny

Sign in to follow this