• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Alastairh

Another Tyre Thread, But This Time For The Family Wagon...

Alastairh

Appologies for another tyre thread.

But looking through the last couple with suggestions of R888's, Paradas etc they aren't really what i had planned for my daily drive family car, Primera GT (195-60-15).

Basically im after a decent tyre that will last reasonable miles, good grip, wet or dry but might with stand some abuse if i take it to the ring for a light drive to collect some beer next year :D .

Anyone tried:

Bridgestone ER300's

Goodyear NCT5

Goodyear Excellence?

For anyone in the same boat buying 4 tyres. Have a look on kwick fits website believe it or not. They run large reductions if you pay online fully fitted and book an appointment.

Al :)

Edited by Alastairh

Tom Fenton

I've got Goodyear NCT5 on my Audi. They seem really good BUT it is a Quattro so it does tend to flatter tyres because of the grip the 4WD system generates. However I can definitely say that they are a GREAT improvement over the LING LONG RADIALS it had on the front when I got it :)

I've just recently had another pair fitted on the front, they seem to last reasonably well too.

Veero

Yeah NCT5s are solid. I must have done 15,000 mile on my front ones on the HDi and they still don't show any real signs of wear. Not as confidence inspiring as the Eagle F1s but a good compromise, and after all the HDi is a cruiser wagon, not a go kart.

Batfink

not on your list but i'm really liking the set of Kuhmo's I have fitted to my car. Seem very capable.

base-1

I had Eagle NCT5s on the Mondeo, good stuff. Rears lasted for ages, fronts obviously less but reasonable. No idea on the others you posted though!

Cameron

Haven't tried any of the above.. I went for Continental premium contact. Very nice, especially in the wet, and not too pricey.

welshpug

Haven't tried any of the above, but I do like the Avon ZV5's, and Falken's, though if you can afford it I'd go Michelin.

alync406

I had the Bridgestone ER300's on a 406 and thought they were great.Good grip in the wet and dry.

Alastairh

Ordered a set of Goodyear NCT 5's from my local tyre man cheaper than anywhere online.

Cheers for you input.

Al

Sign in to follow this