• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest danielnf82

Door Trouble

Guest danielnf82

Hey everyone could somebody help me?

Ive recently had to change the central locking motor in my pug which works great now,the only problem is for some reason the catch that keeps the door shut wont release so the door unlocks but the handle wont open the door,i remember the latch being abit sticky when doing the central locking but never thought to fix it.Just a bit worried because i cant see any way of opening the door(drivers side)

anyone had this problem?

mattbenselin

Do you mean the door is now and shut and won't open from the outside? Tried inside? (ask a stupid question...)

You could try taking the door skin off and looking to see if all the connecting rods are in place between the handles and locks. I had a similar problem in that when the central locking activated the motor on the passenger side wasn't strong enough to lift up the latch, so I used an elastic band as well as the rod and this worked a treat and still does. Sometimes doing it properly works, sometimes the easy ways are enough!

Matt

Baz

Taking the door skin off's a bit excessive, door 'card' maybe what you mean... :lol:

Guest danielnf82

Yeah the door is now shut and wont open from the inside or the outside.i never even thought about taking the door card off with the door shut,never really looked if you can.

Anteas

u can take the door card off from the inside its just harder too get at the screws were the door pockets are. If all else fails get a hacksaw snap it to about three quaters lenghth wrap tape round one end and saw the metal fastener through its takes a while but is possible i did one on a 106 once :D ( :) make sure u have spar 1one ready as u wont be able to shut ur door :lol: )

Paintguy

Does the handle feel like it's doing something? Maybe it's just the latch that's stuck fast.

Get a mate to pull on the handle, while you sit inside the car and push the door with your feet. That should open it if it is indeed the latch sticking. Don't whack your mate in the face with the door though (seen it happen before :D )

nick

If you have been in there already, make sure you haven't bent one of the rods, this can also stop them from working.

Nick

flipperthebushkangaroo

have a try at this, had similar myself. as per Steve's post except that i got to the handle through the window weather strip and exercised it in situ but have since been warned that this could ruin the weather seal.

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...c=85559&hl=

good luck

Roddie

Guest danielnf82

thanks guys ive sorted the problem now the catch was sticking so ive freed it up and it works.cheers :blink:

vicious-monkey87

i'm having a similar problem with my passenger door. it opens from the inside tho, i'm gonna have a look tomorrow, i hope its as simple to fix as yours!

Sign in to follow this