• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest dan_222

First Time Drive

Guest dan_222

i test drove a 1.6 gti with 110k last weekend. i have never drove one before. when i went to take of it starts to judder like i was to quick with the clutch and not enough revs but this happend all the time and also happend when moving and trying just to give it a little bit of power. is this a common problem? and what should i look at to solve it?

hexhamstu

its a common problem many possible causes, search for kangarooing or juddering

Mikey S
i test drove a 1.6 gti with 110k last weekend. i have never drove one before. when i went to take of it starts to judder like i was to quick with the clutch and not enough revs but this happend all the time and also happend when moving and trying just to give it a little bit of power. is this a common problem? and what should i look at to solve it?

i would look at the igntion system as it sounds like something is breaking down as load is applied to the engine.

it maybe that you have a a defective pluglead that is arcing to earth when pressure is applied. i always try a squirt of wd40 down the end of the plug lead to insulate it then try driving again to see if its cured it.

tbh, for the price of a distributor cap and rotor arm, plug leads and spark plugs you may as well change the lot then get the ignition timing checked and adjusted then a fuel mixture tune. it will make for a much nicer driving car.

hth

mike

djinuk

there is a very good chance its only somthing simple.. simply play on the fact that it could be somthing serious , and get the price knocked dwn.. then replace the igntion comps.. lastly being the igntion amp and coil (mine was the coil that played up)

Guest dan_222

thanks for the replys. i will look into possible fixs

Sign in to follow this