• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugman211

[body_work] 309 Gti Bodywork And Mi16 Install

pugman211

How do everyone. I have never really thought to add pics of my project with it being a 309, but recently got a request to show some better pics of it, so thought i'd start a topic.

Basically, the car is an '89 309 GTi 3 door. It was red, and i had the modifying bug. I bought the Squale kit off Ecosse, years ago and fitted the kit. Then the wife got preggers and the pug was put into dry storage and on the back burner. So been playing with it on and off for the past 5 years. Now the car is painted (now white), and also acquired an alloy block DFW Mi16.

Fitted that last year, I did comtemplate sending it away to be done, but thought i'd give it a go myself. Got lots of help and info off the forum, cranked the engine, and could hear a very faint tapping. Dropped the sump to find a spun bearing........oh well, now i have perfect excuse to rebuild!! hehe

So, current stage is to finish the bonnet, as i still need a lancia vent! (wow are they like rockin horse poo!!!) Then i can remove engine and box, and rebuild it with some of Pete's cams and chip and few other basic mods. Pics are to follow, please feel free to give honest opinions, but remember, this car was started approx 2001.

Thanks

Baz

Osfinal.jpg

Sideviewfinal.jpg

Frontendlineup.jpg

rearendfinal.jpg

And this is where it currently lives, but it WILL be finished for 2009!!! lol

309athome.jpg

CosKev

I've never seen it on 309 forum m8!!!!!! :lol:

Think your pics were lost when sites changed over?????

Andy said it was nice.

Not a big fan of body kits myself,but your car does look very nice,quality of work done looks spot on :P

pugman211
I've never seen it on 309 forum m8!!!!!! :)

Think your pics were lost when sites changed over?????

Andy said it was nice.

Not a big fan of body kits myself,but your car does look very nice,quality of work done looks spot on :(

Cheers Kev, I will have to post them back up. Yea Andy was quite reserved in his opinion lol. To be honest, i actually agree. At the time, i fell in love with the kit, but i much prefer OE spec now. But as i went to so much effort on this respray, i wont remove the kit because it looks quite mean on the car, and its just a different take on the 309 model.

I would love to get another car, and a proper workshop and just rip a car to pieces and restore it properly!!! Need to finnish this one first though. thinking of taking engine out over winter and rebuilding........somewhere. lol

trialster

do you want a race for completion? :D

i'm doing my 309 too!

you got the mi16 lump yet?

looking gd btw!

pugman211

I think you will finish before me!! lol. Yes, i've got the Mi16 in it, all wired up and running. But like i say, its spun a shell somewhere in its life, so i need to rebuild. I have already got most of the parts, just need to get round to removing it and rebuilding it! lol

Where are you upto on yours??

calvinhorse

hi mate, car looks mega! ive always been a fan of that kit :)

did you fit the back arches yourself? big job? cheers for putting the pictures up.

pugman211

Yes mate, did the whole lot myself. Arches were quite easy really, bonnet was a crap mould, so spent alot of time on filler. Looks ace, but weighs a ton!!! lol

Then, took it to work, and sprayed it up, and even got my paint for free!!! (Which is ace considering its painted in waterbase!)

Just need to finish it now!

Baz

CosKev
Cheers Kev, I will have to post them back up. Yea Andy was quite reserved in his opinion lol. To be honest, i actually agree. At the time, i fell in love with the kit, but i much prefer OE spec now. But as i went to so much effort on this respray, i wont remove the kit because it looks quite mean on the car, and its just a different take on the 309 model.

I would love to get another car, and a proper workshop and just rip a car to pieces and restore it properly!!! Need to finnish this one first though. thinking of taking engine out over winter and rebuilding........somewhere. lol

Your doin the right thing putting the Mi in,with the kit it needs more go than a standard Gti to be fair,all show and no go is crap!!!!!!!! :)

As I said the quality of the paint/fit and work you have done looks cock on :angry:

pugman211

well i'll find out when i take it for drive when its legal. lol Hope to be at some shows next year.

timmsy19

never been a fan of bodykits but this does quite suit it. really like the front bumper.

keep up the good work and hopefully see it at some shows next year

pugman211

Thank you all for the positive comments! I totally understand what you mean when you say your not a fan of bodykits. I guess it comes down to the car, the style/quality of kit, and most of all the final colour. This car was originally destined to be a chromolusion car (colour shifting incase any wondering what im blubbering about). But when i finally got round to spraying it last year, me and the other painters came to the conclusion, white would be best, after all it is a 19 year old car!!

pugman211

Admin, have requested some pics of how the car looked before i destroyed the image of my 309. As my comp is currently broke, i will post up pics of progress soon.

Thanks