• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
maxirallye

[race_prep] My 205 Rally Car

maxirallye

Hi, some pictures of my 205 project, nearing completion in the next few weeks.

post-11290-1226860039_thumb.jpg

post-11290-1226860058_thumb.jpg

post-11290-1226860076_thumb.jpg

post-11290-1226860099_thumb.jpg

post-11290-1226860119_thumb.jpg

post-11290-1226860136_thumb.jpg

post-11290-1226860152_thumb.jpg

post-11290-1226860182_thumb.jpg

Craigo

wow that looks fantastic, love the roll cage!! what engine is going into it?

maxirallye
wow that looks fantastic, love the roll cage!! what engine is going into it?

Currently a standard £150 2 litre mi16 on Sandys jenvey set up. Full spec Mass race engine needing a rebuild in the corner of the garage (the usual oil starvation issues).

maxirallye
I'm moist, despite it being LHD.

LHD, built as the factory intended, no brake master cylinder clearance issues, perfect line of travel for the clutch cable, good weight balance between driver and gearbox, lots of options for nice carbon dashes etc from France etc etc !

snooks

Where did you get the kit from? Whats the fit like? and of course how much did it cost?

maxirallye
Where did you get the kit from? Whats the fit like? and of course how much did it cost?

Ordered it in from France, not sure of the cost with the current value of the euro, must be around £1200 with the carriage. Fit was crap, lots of work.

Matt Holley

I saw this yesterday while down at colins picking mine up, I really like it, I walked in with jaw practically on the floor looking at it and colin asked if I was getting ideas :lol:

Lots of nice touches, the new fuel tank looks good too.

maxirallye
I saw this yesterday while down at colins picking mine up, I really like it, I walked in with jaw practically on the floor looking at it and colin asked if I was getting ideas :lol:

Lots of nice touches, the new fuel tank looks good too.

Yours the black on Sandy has been working on? Yegh, the fuel tank is a real work of art, shame to hide it away! Don't have any pics of it though, think Colin has

Matt Holley
Yours the black on Sandy has been working on? Yegh, the fuel tank is a real work of art, shame to hide it away! Don't have any pics of it though, think Colin has

Yes mines the black one, I took a few pics of your car but none of the inside or fuel tank unfortunatly.

Dj_mini

I can remember seeing this last year at colins what a change to how it is now! What events are you going to do in it?

Slippy

Looks the bollocks mate :lol:

maxirallye
I can remember seeing this last year at colins what a change to how it is now! What events are you going to do in it?

Last time I did a full season was 99, did the national tarmac championship, since then it has just been selected events in the South West. Hoping to get out on Epynt and probably the Tour of Cornwall early next year.

maxirallye

One more -

post-11290-1226872083_thumb.jpg

M@tt

that looks fantastic mate, looks very tasty :lol:

Edited by M@tt

marksorrento205

I want one, cant wait to see it finnished!!

Baz

:lol: Awesome!!

Should be the envy of all of us when finished i would think!!

Batfink

Sad when you can spot colins handywork from photos lol

Looking very tasty. Thats an amazing amount of re-enforcing on the rear!

Whats with the larger inner arches? Did you need lots more clearance for running in tarmac spec?

Was that a LHD shell or just cutting out the holes that are there on the RHD shell?

JamesLumley

Absolutely fantastic, looking forward to seeing her out on the stages!

Out of interest what have you done in terms of wide tracking the suspension and what size wheels are those.

Also are you going to get it log booked before the end of this year or will it have to conform to the new 2009 rule changes?

Cheers James

tom_m

loving the shell stands, proper race yo! :D

Slippy

Just had a mooch around your site James intersting read :D

arnold naber

:D

that going to be one nice 205....where did you get the maxi kit from ? MCA ? looks like MCA quality

maxirallye
Whats with the larger inner arches? Did you need lots more clearance for running in tarmac spec?

Was that a LHD shell or just cutting out the holes that are there on the RHD shell?

Hi,

Rear is coilovers and tubes/rosejoints, tubbing of the front is so front can run as low as the back, clearance needed for the 17 inch slicks. Shell was originally a bare shell direct from France in LHD.

Cheers, Tony

maxirallye
Absolutely fantastic, looking forward to seeing her out on the stages!

Out of interest what have you done in terms of wide tracking the suspension and what size wheels are those.

Also are you going to get it log booked before the end of this year or will it have to conform to the new 2009 rule changes?

Cheers James

Hi James, front is tubes/rosejoints running aprox 406 width. 17 inch wheels.

Car should be log booked within the next couple of weeks, certainly would not pass after the end of the year with the re designed rear suspension, moved front strut tops, etc, and and would not want the extra weight penalty!