• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
EdCherry

Non Starting

boombang
Who ever said that needs to be hit 'was told the ECU would self fuel and spark if the starter engaged'

That comment has been taken completely out of context. The information I was given regards the problem was minimal and the ignition switch wiring had been swapped with another that was not known as being good.

Previously have had it before where there was no fuel on cranking, hence as you let the key turn back to igniton on position it would catch for a second then cut-out.

I simply said that so long as ignition is on and all else is well, giving the starter solenoid 12 volts would allow it to crank with fuel and spark even if there was an issue with the cranking position on the key switch.

Who wants to hit me then?

Edited by boombang

Miles

By the looks of you Avi, you;ve been hit already so I'll let you off :lol:

boombang

No worries mate, I didn't want this to turn into an arguement but was obviously giving advice on past experience and the information I'd been given.

Definately is frustrating when people give bad advice or mislead, as happens regularily, but in this case thought I had a fair point - however reading the info on this thread would seem there are probably far more fundamental issues with the setup than what I was told briefly over on PSOOC.

Coincidently plenty of people have hit me, guess I've just gone one of those faces!

EdCherry

Didn't realise you were over here boobs otherwise id have linked you to the thread!

As I said to miles I will gain pictures and check stuff for continuity on my multi meter.

Sign in to follow this