• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
custard-rallye

Lowered 205 Now Making A Noise

custard-rallye

I lowered my 205 rallye today but it has been making a scuffing noise when i drive it. so i jacked the car up to find the spring had moved slightly would this be because i have lowered it on standard shocks or is there any other reasons it would be doing this any help would be great thanks

holland_gt

That noise isnt the tyre rubbing on the bodywork is it?

mattbenselin

The spring should sit in the seat of the damper, as far as I know the spring can only sit in one place so shoudln't be moving. Check the end of the spring is locked against the damper seat.

as holland_gt said could be tyre scuffing, how low did you drop it? Check the arch trims, inner arch area and on the drivers side the trim panel. Something could be loose. Did you play with the droplinks or track rod ends? Could be something is out of line, check it all over again to be sure.

Good luck mate, Matt

custard-rallye

managed to find out what was wrong the damper wasnt pushed into the hub enough which was making the wheel hit the damper so loosened the bolt on the hub and put a jack under to push the damper into the hub. thanks anyway :huh:

Sign in to follow this