• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gibbo

309 Rack On 205

Guest Gibbo

I need to know if a 309 PAS gti steering rack will fit on a non-PAS 205GTI.

It's not the PAS part that I'm worried about but wether a 309 rack will fit the 205 gti.

cheers

saveloy

I am pretty certain it will. The extra width on the 309,is made up by the track rods & track rod ends.

Guest wintn

Will definitely fit, I did it on mine - fitted complete power steering system.

Even the track rods will fit if you cut a couple of centimetres off the rod ends, otherwise there is not enough adjustment on the thread. Easy to change the rods to 205 ones, though, if you prefer.

Edited by wintn

crf450

I changed my non power steering rack recently on my 205 for a 309 one and found they were exactly the same width.

Cheers martin

cybernck

i've got a 309 pas rack (assisted as well) with 205 track rods and it's perfect.

crf450> have you installed that rack before or after installing 309 gti wishbones?

crf450

I only had to fit the rack because when I came to wind my track rod ends out to suit my 309 arms I found they were seized on to the rack,so I had no alternative to buying a new one and thought I'd may aswel order a 309 one,

So, to answer your question they were fitted at the same time.

Cheers Martin

Sign in to follow this