• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
felix2566

Different Disk Offset On Zx Arms?

felix2566

Last weekend I fitted some ZX arms to my 309, they already had the disk break hubs on them. The ZX disks where shot so got thrown away ages ago, so i used my 309 ones, but when I came to fitting the calipers to them the caliper had to be moved to the maximum in towards the car to fit on the disc.

Do ZX discs have a different offset which would allow the caliper to sit centally on the slider like it should be?

welshpug

yes, due to the ABS rings, they may not be fitted, but they all have hubs spaced out by 5mm or so IIRC (longer stub pins and a thicker spacer between bearing and arm)

felix2566

So I would need disks from a zx? Yes?

Anthony
So I would need disks from a zx? Yes?

You either need to use 306/ZX/Xsara rear disks, or swap the rear hubs etc over to 205/309 ones if you want to use 205/309 disks.

Baz

Yup, i had the same problem recently, u need discs from an ABS equipped ZX/306, as Wp says, a little deeper.

VisaGTi16v

I happen to have a set of zx rear discs at home which I can measure for you if thats of any use although others have already answered you :ph34r:

felix2566

Thanks all, I think I will probably just get some zx/306 with abs rear disks, look like the easiest option!

Sign in to follow this