• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mattbenselin

Peugeot Sport Group A Camshaft

welshpug

nope, all the same part numbers.

size depends on the clearance you're trying to achieve and what's currently fitted, as for how they are supplied I don't know, not yet ordered any :)

Edited by welshpug

kennygti
nope, all the same part numbers.

cool so which engine is the DW8? The XUD is the turbo diesel engines from the 306's i think isnt it

welshpug

The DW8 is the late non-turbo 1.9 engine, EGR equipped used in the 206 and Partner vans amongst others.

XUD is any 1.7/1.8/1.9/2.1 diesel from the late 80's on.

I got mine running, and its highlighted the fact why I've heard that many 205 Rally 1.9's use 1.6 pistons, they need the extra compression to make the most of this cam, I'm unsure exactly what compression that would give, but a ratio of at least 11-1 I'm told is needed, somewhat higher than the standard 9.6-1 of the 1.9 engine.

In my car it doesn't run well at low RPM, the idle sounding decidedly lumpy but purposeful, I doubt Jetronic would cope with it at all, hasnt stalled once with Motronic.

Once over 2-2.5k there is a noticeable difference in torque, and it pulls very hard from 4-5k, not running out of puff like the standard engine seem to over 5k.

It's coming back out of my engine till I can afford to up the compression.

Sign in to follow this