• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
unariciflocos

Camshaft Profile

unariciflocos

I'm looking for a 1.9 D6B head for my 1.9 DFZ Rallye engine and i found one here. Problem is that the guy says the head is equipped with a camshaft from a 2.0 turbo engine.

Does anyone know how this is different from the stock 1.9 gti camshaft? Is it an ok mod or should i stay away?

Thanks

Super Josh

I would stay away as the 2.0T camshaft is very mild, with very little overlap.

Although I am sure someone will swap your DFZ cam for a D6B one, as that is a good upgrade for 2.0T, so it still may be worth getting that head if it is good condition.

Josh

DamirGTI
Although I am sure someone will swap your DFZ cam for a D6B one, as that is a good upgrade for 2.0T, so it still may be worth getting that head if it is good condition.

Josh

Well , no that would be DKZ cam Josh :) ... cos DFZ one is almost identical to the std. 2.0T cam :

DKZ

Inlet valve lift - 11.0

Exhaust valve lift - 11.0

DFZ

Inlet valve lift - 10.5

Exhaust valve lift - 9.7

RGX (2.0T)

Inlet valve lift - 10.5

Exhaust valve lift – 9.35

D6B

Inlet valve lift - 11.3

Exhaust valve lift – 11.3

Damir

Super Josh

Oops, my bad :)

Henrik P
Well , no that would be DKZ cam Josh :) ... cos DFZ one is almost identical to the std. 2.0T cam :

DKZ

Inlet valve lift - 11.0

Exhaust valve lift - 11.0

DFZ

Inlet valve lift - 10.5

Exhaust valve lift - 9.7

RGX (2.0T)

Inlet valve lift - 10.5

Exhaust valve lift – 9.35

D6B

Inlet valve lift - 11.3

Exhaust valve lift – 11.3

Damir

I thougt that the D6B 1.9 GTI 130HP cam said:

valve lift: 9,7mm

according to 205gtidrivers technical specification site?

unariciflocos

I will ask the guy to send the head with the stock camshaft then as soon as he sends me a picture of the engine code.

If it's a dkz will I still get 11:1 compression on my dfz bottom end?

DamirGTI
I thougt that the D6B 1.9 GTI 130HP cam said:

valve lift: 9,7mm

according to 205gtidrivers technical specification site?

Nope :D if you take a good look at the lobes you'll see (roughly) that they're identical (inlet/exhaust) - high projecting and rather sharp nose on both the inlet and exhaust lobes ... compared to the other camshaft types this one has the highest lift and i believe duration also .. or still , if you wish , try to measure the lobes with verniers and compare with other cam types :lol:

Damir :lol:

unariciflocos

My new head and cam are here, but I think the cam is no good. According to this my cam is a RFX or RGY. I don't know how there compare to the stock 1.6 or 1.9 camshaft.

At the moment I have a 1.6 (early model), a DFZ and the above camshafts. Which one should i use until I get another cam?

By the way, does anyone know of anyone who is selling a cam somewhere in the region of 285 - 300 degrees. I'm going to be in the UK for the next month and I'd like to buy one, but i can't post in the wanted section as I do not have enough posts yet. :blink:

DamirGTI

Can you make few detail pics of the camshaft lobes ... and the entire camshaft (so that we can see the markings ..) ? :(

I can provide you "rough" measurements of D6B cam lobes (measured with verniers) , so you can compare them with yours .. some engine types are missing in that identification document so it might be form an 1.6 engine :blink:

Damir B)

unariciflocos

Nevermind, I've just won a Kent PT23 off ebay and will be putting that baby in. :D

Thansk for the time and info though.

ledders

Hi it has baffled me slightly and sorry if I seem thick to more knowledgeable.. I have a cam that I plan to have put in my 205 turbo conversion, it was sold too me as a DKZ cam, but I am not convinced can any of you wise owls help I can send pictures of it too your email address if that helps. Oh and what are paint rings as that might help aswell I have looked for the jam tart version rings of paint but really don't no what I am looking for. Regards Martyn.

DamirGTI

Make a good detail photo and post it here :) .. and we'll take a look at what you have ..

Anyway this is DKZ cam (the bottom one with the pulley fitted ..) :

33456copycopy-1.jpg

It'll have paint marks in positions as shown on the picture (back arrow is pointing on the paint ring identification mark - bottom one is DKZ cam , top one is D6B cam so you can see the difference in mark position between the two ..) , and double recess for the bearing cap No.5 (red arrows) as well as slightly different pattern at the dizzy end of the cam (bearing cap No.1)

Damir :lol:

Edited by DamirGTI

Sign in to follow this