• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest AND181

3.0l V6 Swap

Guest AND181

Hello,

yesterday I was discussing the possibility for transplanting the 2.0l 8v Turbo from the 406 Sri in to my beloved 205 Gti and I received a couple of handy replys pointing me in the direction of previous threads of the same nature.

After speaking to one of my mates last night the Idea of the 3.0l V6 came up and I was wondering if anyone has any experience of this, does it fit for example and the pros and cons if it does?

Cheers

Tesstuff

205 3.0 V6

Courtesy of 'Hilgie' who is a member on here.

Guest AND181

Thanks - I honestly didn't think it would fit!

projectpug

If you do a search you will find out its a lot more involving than even a turbo engine conversion.

Phil

Hilgie

A LOT more I might add :wacko:

Guest AND181

Having looked at the site - I agree that this is a major project! I'm still keen and I'm seriously thinking about it. I think I might try and enlist a few of my mechanic mates though ar I could easily run in to a LOAD of problems!

How easy is it to shorten the shafts?

M@tt

well if you do decide to go ahead i've got a complete 3.0 V6 setup that will be for sale. Complete with manual gearbox, loom, ecu etc Its the earlier version so simple on the wiring front as its just a case of matching wires up rather than the later version of the engine which has Multiplexed wiring

Drop us a PM if interested

Matt

mr_exe

Best of luck with this one, I'm not brave enough thats for sure

Guest AND181

Well you know what they say - no guts, no glory!

:)

Saveit

I think it is very brave and very cool. I'd love to do such a conversion myself, but i dont have the skills nor the equipment to do so.

Guest AND181

Well I neither have the the skills or the equipment (yet) but I'm hoping to enlist a few of my mates that are mechanics by trade. Fingers crossed they come on board and everything runs according to plan.

The bits that are putting me off at the moment are the shortening of the driveshafts and the conversion plate for the hydraulic clutch! :D

M@tt

any engineering place with a lathe and a welder would be able to do the shafts no probs, would have theought £50 would cover the cost of getting them done easily.

Miles

Why use a plate for the clutch, Just adapt the Clutch Pedal, Much neater and saves having a cable

Guest AND181

I hadn't thought about converting the clutch pedal, I'll go and research this. Cheers

Guest AND181

That would be the best bet - I was actually discussing this last night and I had agreed that I didn't feel confident trying this myself. Would also need to get them balanced at the time of welding?

Kev-G

V6 309

Or buy the best handling Peugeot V6 already built....

Guest AND181

It's all falling in to place now - I was speaking to Hilgie through the forum and over e-mail and he told me of the 309 V6 that was in Fife!

So is it up for sale now?

Kev-G

Yep - It's done 10 miles since being MOT'd and maybe 2K since it was converted to V6.

It's just going to waste as JERAM has too many cars to drive + I'm too crash-prone to be allowed out on my own!!

If you are serious, PM me for a contact # but trust me when I say you won't find anything else which pulls like this....Search for it on youtube.

Edited by Kev-G

Guest AND181
Yep - It's done 10 miles since being MOT'd and maybe 2K since it was converted to V6.

It's just going to waste as JERAM has too many cars to drive + I'm too crash-prone to be allowed out on my own!!

If you are serious, PM me for a contact # but trust me when I say you won't find anything else which pulls like this....Search for it on youtube.

Nice - I'd be interested to have a look but I've pretty much got my heart set on dropping the lump in to my 205 if I'm going to own a 3.0l V6. I'll have a search for it on youtube though to see what it's like. Out of interest - how much is he selling it for?

Sign in to follow this