• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Alfie

Faded Parcel Shelf

Alfie

Anyone know how to "re-colour" mine black I think I've read that you can spray them, any advices please?

jimistdt

It is possible to spray with paint aerosol with reasonably good results.....be sure to mask your windows first :D

Last Legend

I 'light' coat of satin black spray paint will do it,Wilkinsons do a good satin enamel,thats inexpensive,the spray painting trick is normaly done by dealers to hide wear on carpet a mats.

swordfish210
be sure to mask your windows first :D

It aint exactly difficult to take a parcel shelf out of a car you know

jimistdt
:D Humour is not a city in Nepal. :(

weejp

I sprayed mine a few weeks back and it turned out brilliantly. Used a tin of this stuff, got it on ebay - thought it would be a bit less toxic than a regular exterior spray can. I took the parcel shelf out the car stuck it on top of a box (so I could cover all the edges well) masked off the guides and plastic dowels and off I went, was really pleased with the results.

:D

post-12725-1225832261_thumb.jpg

Alfie
I sprayed mine a few weeks back and it turned out brilliantly. Used a tin of this stuff, got it on ebay - thought it would be a bit less toxic than a regular exterior spray can. I took the parcel shelf out the car stuck it on top of a box (so I could cover all the edges well) masked off the guides and plastic dowels and off I went, was really pleased with the results.

:(

Excellent! Thanks for the tip! Marvelous site this! :D

Alfie

:D

Err? Searched ebay but can't find it. Can you help me further please weejp? what catagory was it in mate?, ta muchly.

Baz
Have you seen this...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5s5I70-8UOk

(Relevant bit starts at about 2:15)

I've actually still got that shelf if you want it... :wacko:

You can buy rattle cans of dye, better way to do it ideally. :o

Paintguy
You can buy rattle cans of dye, better way to do it ideally. B)

Yup :)

Our valet guys get through a lot of this stuff, as it's easier to dye a carpet than hoover out all the dog hairs :)

Alfie
Yup :)

Our valet guys get through a lot of this stuff, as it's easier to dye a carpet than hoover out all the dog hairs :)

Thanks for all your posts guts, all sorted to day,looking the DB's now!

Baz
Yup B)

:) Sure is... those were the days!!

timmy2take

Nice one, just ordered some of the Autoglym Black dye stuff.

Sign in to follow this