• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest sam-kearney

My Coolant Issues

Guest sam-kearney

Hey new to this

But my coolant has needed to be topped up a few times the last few days, i got out of the car outside a friends today and got down on the honkers to have a look

under the engine bay, only to discover dripping from somewhere on the driver side of the engine had a sniff think its water, said i'll have a look when i get home , and i topped up the coolant tank, when i did get home i couldn't see the leak any more waited with my head under there for bout ten mins with engine running,

also my heater bareley works inside the car, is the expansion tank ment to have a little nipple directly behind the cap, no pipe connected to this!!!

found the mayo once last week, a friend said this was just condensation as it wasnt on the dipstick, he said take it for a long motorway blast and it should clear up,, it did and hasn't came back , its getting cold though in dublin to not be having your heater working!!

thanks for any help in advance!!

jimistdt

You need to establish where the leak is from, the bottom rad pipe and the metal pipe can often be a cause.

Your heaters aren't working because theres no coolant in the heater matrix.

Once you've found your leak and refill the system you might have to bleed the heater matrix nipples, they are on the bulkhead, on the pipe itself. As far as I know the pipe on the back of the expansion tank camp is ok as it is.

Sign in to follow this