• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Simsy

Tiny Drop Required

Simsy

Well, i said i was going to keep the old girl standard, but i'm afraid i need to take the front down a few mm.

Since fitting new wheels with 50 profile tyres the tyre to arch gap looks too large at the front, so i am tempted to stick some Eibach -20mm springs on as they are the lowest drop i can find.

I don't really want to mess with the back and as i'm doing the front top mounts its coming to bits anyway.

Currently looks like so...

th_IMG_1871.jpg

Anyone got any pics of a 205 on -20mm Eibachs please? :huh:

welshpug

not the best picture, but meant to be a 25mm drop on Ventura springs on the front.

th_PICT0248-1.jpg

mattbenselin

Urm...they are Pi springs. I don't really know much about them, whether they are good or not, but they were only a 10er from the bay so I gave them a go and they are ok.

luggy
Since fitting new wheels with 50 profile tyres the tyre to arch gap looks too large at the front, so i am tempted to stick some Eibach -20mm springs on as they are the lowest drop i can find.

th_IMG_1871.jpg

I had similar issue with standard springs, turns out the top bearings had come apart causing an increase in the arch gap.

Tesstuff
Well, i said i was going to keep the old girl standard, but i'm afraid i need to take the front down a few mm.

I don't really want to mess with the back and as i'm doing the front top mounts its coming to bits anyway.

Currently looks like so...

th_IMG_1871.jpg

Anyone got any pics of a 205 on -20mm Eibachs please? ;)

Nice gap there mate, was this picture taken with the engine out ? :)

welshpug

looks perfect tbh!

Tesstuff
looks perfect tbh!

Opticians -------------------------------------------------------------->>> :)

welshpug

hey, I already got my glasses on :)

Simsy

Bearing separation a possibility as there is some noises coming from that area :)

The springs are rusted to s*it though anyway and i had one snap on the 306 so i quite fancy replacing it while i'm there ;)

Can you replace the damper carrier cheaply enough too as the dampers are inserts on these aren't they?

welshpug

naah that's the 106, 205 uses units like the 306.

Pugnut

Flump001.jpg

heres the flump, my EX gti ;) , carefully restored back to original height . Looks about the same as yours. Its really nothing to be ashamed of you know :) . And for the uk's atrocious road surfaces its got to be the best compromise between comfort and handling for regular driving . I'de have a lowered 205 any day if i were driving on smooth hot dry roads all the time.

Baz

Agree with WP, that looks fine as is! Certainly doesn't look std ride height anyway!

damien

standard hight for me which IMO looks fine

dscf1840mediumrs0.th.jpgthpix.gif

Baz

Until you put new bushes, springs & stiffer dampers on them... :blush:

Simsy
Until you put new bushes, springs & stiffer dampers on them... :(

Fair enough then :D

I'll be replacing the all the front suspension soon so i guess i'll just clean up the original springs :(

Sign in to follow this