• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pj838

Oil Pressure Switch In Gti6 Block

pj838

Can someone tell me what is the thread size of the oil pressure switch in the gti6 block?

I'm attempting to machine my own adaptor to run oil pressure gauge + switch. Have with me here the 1.9 8v switch and pressure sensor, but is the switch from the 8v the same size thread as the switch from the 16v?? (3/8 BSP)

or,put another way, does the 8v oil pressure switch fit in the 16v block.

Looked at an ebay advert which said it was M16..?

definite answers please as the distance from lathe to my car is now about 3000 miles so I only have one chance to get it right ;)

Paul

Matt Holley

Oil pressure sensor is m16 x1.50 I used the 205 sensor in mine with an adaptor, ivegone for an aftermarket gauge and sender now but luckly the sender is the same size as the 205 one was (m10) so can still use the same adaptor.

All the senders and sizes can be seen here

servicebox.jpg

pj838

Cheers for that Matt :)

OK I have another question,

my oil pressure sensor from the 8v engine, only has one pin connection, looks like there was another one at some point but it has snapped, or is this right?

Bought a nice shiny adaptor from miles in the end :D

Anthony
my oil pressure sensor from the 8v engine, only has one pin connection, looks like there was another one at some point but it has snapped, or is this right?

8v pressure switches and senders have only a single spade connector, and earth through the body to the block to complete the circuit.

Super Josh

As Anthony says, only one pin. The case is generic and also used on two pins sensors, hence the appearance of a 'snapped off' pin :)

Josh

jonnie205

yes they all earth through block, you can buy the adaptor off miles so might aswell do that

pj838

Thanks a lot for the help :lol: just need to dig out my wiring diagram now and connect em up!

Sign in to follow this