• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cRaig

Injector Plug Order

cRaig

Hey there,

I forgot to lable the order of the injector plug wires when removing them, Im guessing the order in which they are put on is important, is there an easy way of figuring it out?

Thanks

Craig

Ryan

It doesn't matter. The injectors all fire at once.

Stu

As above, they're batch fired so can go on in any order.

You'll probably find that the leads have gone hard wth age so they'll tend to fall back in place.

cRaig

Thanks for the quick replies. ;)

So if its getting a spark, and getting fuel, turning over but not starting, its likely to be the timing that is wrong? (Head has been refurbished after HGF)

Doesnt help that the car is 150 miles away, my friends are working on it and keep asking me whats wrong!

welshpug

as long as its an 8 valver it doesn't matter what order the injector plugs are in...

jackherer
as long as its an 8 valver it doesn't matter what order the injector plugs are in...

Its got nothing to do with how many valves its got, 1.9 Mi16s are batch fire too.

KRISKARRERA

So even when the inlet valve is closed it's having fuel sprayed against the back of it?!

Ryan

The valves are opening fast enough and often enough for it to not be a problem, even at 1000 rpm.

sorr
Thanks for the quick replies. ;)

So if its getting a spark, and getting fuel, turning over but not starting, its likely to be the timing that is wrong? (Head has been refurbished after HGF)

Doesnt help that the car is 150 miles away, my friends are working on it and keep asking me whats wrong!

If it is getting fuel and spark but not starting make sure the distributor cap is not 180 degrees out. Been there done that :):)

DrSarty
If it is getting fuel and spark but not starting make sure the distributor cap is not 180 degrees out. Been there done that :);)

And/or spark plug order. All things being equal, i.e. some spark and some fuel, both at the right time, IT WILL FIRE, however roughly.

No fire-up at all = something's missing or completely - as said - out of whack timing wise.

CosKev

Or its got low/no compression :blink:

Had this with mine after it ate some shot :wacko:

Exile

Check the color of the spark. It has to be blue. Orange or even 'almost blue' won't make your engine run.

cRaig

Thanks for the replies everyone :ph34r:

It turns out it was the ignition timing- he was advancing the timing rather than retarding it. Once he figure that out it started :D

Sign in to follow this