• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Tom Fenton

Standard Xu9 Conrod Weight Variation

Tom Fenton

So today I've pressed the gudgeon pins out of a set of rods, the pistons I'm not bothered about but I want the rods.

Out of curiousity I weighed the rods, they are around the 732g mark, but who wants to hazard a guess at what the variation between a set of 4 was?

welshpug

IIRC the maximum difference in weight between two conrod+piston assemblies is meant to be 13g max, anywhere near that?

Miles

Can;t recall off hand, But my balancer alway's seems shocked by the amount

grandos

15grams :unsure: surely anything over 1-5grams would introduce a big problem at 6000rpm

jimistdt

For arguments sake I will say between 8-9 grams, around 10% tolerance. (French style) :unsure:

Edited by jimistdt

Cameron

Yeah, probably. :unsure: I just thought I would aim high.

Tom Fenton

Lightest 731g, heaviest 734g, not shocking I thought for a mass produced engine.

benlilly

That's really good. Mine were WAY out. Can't remember how much but it added quite a few £ to the final bill for balancing my components.

Cameron

Ah disappointing.. I thought it was going to be some outrageous number. You mislead me! :D

Sign in to follow this