• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Alfie

Rusty Front Panel

Alfie
:ph34r: Hi all, Been under the front of my 205 today. Tightened up "that bolt" for the gear linkage and adjusted the clutch cable as well (miles of slack) all very much better now thanks to posted advices. Bit concerned at the front panel tho'! looking from underneath up to front on the o/s near to chassis leg. This is going to require some work soon certainly before next MOT? I have put some treatment on it for now to see how it goes. Is this panel deemed structural? effected area about 2-3" at the moment, some flaking, not so much a hole yet tho'. any thoughts please? :lol:

welshpug

unless its within 6" of the suspension mountings, and the headlamps are secure and there are no sharp edges exposed to the outside it'll be fine, though obviously does need attention.

Mine has passed the MOT for 4 consecutive years with the same hole un-repaired, not had the time/money yet!

Alfie
unless its within 6" of the suspension mountings, and the headlamps are secure and there are no sharp edges exposed to the outside it'll be fine, though obviously does need attention.

Mine has passed the MOT for 4 consecutive years with the same hole un-repaired, not had the time/money yet!

Thats reassuring welshpug! I should be ok then, I'll just tidy up for now. :ph34r:

pete1986

Which bolt do you mean by "that bolt"?

I dont mean to distract the topic too much, its just that my 309 goes through phases of crunching into gears. Although tightening the clutch cable has improved the problem, maybe this bolt will solve the remainder.

Baz

13mm nut through the subframe for the main linkage ball joint.

Sign in to follow this