• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy F

Xu9j4 Coolant Question

Andy F

hi people

am currently getting to gether hoses for my mi16 conversion.

I wont be running a heater due to it only being a summer car and the cage having a dash bar. So just check i should just tig the holes water outlet block and the thermostat housing?

also would there be an mileage in still putting in the heater bypass hose or should i scrap that as well?

Thanks for the help

matty_gti

Are you just trying to get away without the heater?, if so there wouldnt be a problem sealing the water ways.

Matt

Andy F

yes, i am getting rid of the heater so was going to seal up the waterways for that,

was just wondered if i should leave the heater bypass waterways in or i should get rid of them as well

Cameron

I just blocked off all the waterways with rubber blanking caps (from Peugeot) so they don't have to be TIG'd up. But if you have easy access to a TIG then yeah, go for it.

Baz

As i said, yes if you can get someone to TIG them up cleanly will be better than blocking them off, no chances of leaks then! :lol:

Andy F

i take it there wont be any excess coolant pressure due to removing half the pipework??

the less pipes the better as far as im concerned :)

Sign in to follow this