• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
davepug205

Oe Backbox Diffenences

davepug205

Hi , :)

Before I post in the wanted section is there any difference between backboxes?

I need one for a pre 89 E reg 1.6 GTI. Now ive read on here the bores bigger on one, an the other is three piece.

Will a later one fit an early one or should I replace the whole system for a later one.

sorry if you were bidding but ive just bought this :ph34r: stored at work till I can tax it saturday.

My new daily

Is that a cheap exhaust? :lol:

Will post up some pics when I sort the rust an the dint in the boot :DB)

Thanks

Dave

McDude

New car looks a beaut! Odd looking exhaust, wish I could help you with the answer, but others will.

I'll say it once more - good looking piece of 205!

davepug205

Cheers McDude, it does look a bit odd :ph34r:

can anyone else help? :lol:

Miles

It's just a std Sleeve type of back box, The later car's used a Olive join which cannot be swaped over, You can fit either complete system on either car thou

timmsy19

nice motor. reminds me of my brothers old F plate 1.6 with that exhaust backbox

while were on the subject of types of exhaust and sorry for the hyjack but dont see the point in putting up another post for same type of question.

at what age did they change from a 2 piece exhaust system to a 3? mine is a 92 j plate 1.9 i take it this has the 3 piece? if so i take it there is a join between the downpipe and center then just before the backbox?

Edited by timmsy19

Miles

The later system's came with the Phase 2 car's so from 1990 onwards, On the CAT models it went back to 3 piece purely because of the CAT.

Sign in to follow this