• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Fox

S16 / Gti-6 What Bits Fit What?

Fox

Right, as some of you know, In my garage I have a complete GTI-6 Engine/loom/manifolds/ecu, basically the full kit to drop in my 205

Now, the engine its self is buggered, but I've been offered a very reasnable S16 lump to drop in.

The S16 comes with only the exhaust manifold and a few other small bits.

What do I need from the S16?

Can I run the S16 on GTI-6 Management and use the 6 inlet?

Can some other bits from the 6 be used, starter, alternator etc? Or can I use some bits form my current 8v?

Is the S16 very similar to the MI?

returnofjim
Right, as some of you know, In my garage I have a complete GTI-6 Engine/loom/manifolds/ecu, basically the full kit to drop in my 205

Now, the engine its self is buggered, but I've been offered a very reasnable S16 lump to drop in.

The S16 comes with only the exhaust manifold and a few other small bits.

What do I need from the S16?

Can I run the S16 on GTI-6 Management and use the 6 inlet?

Can some other bits from the 6 be used, starter, alternator etc? Or can I use some bits form my current 8v?

Is the S16 very similar to the MI?

You can use the gti6 inlet manifold on the s16 engine with the s16 management, the gti6 uses a cam sensor which wouldnt have a place on the s16 head so the gti6 management wouldnt work. if the head off the gti6 engine is ok then you could use that on the s16 bottom end and then be able to use the gti6 management. You should be able to use the alternator, starter, power steering pump etc from the gti6 engine on the s16 you may need to use the gti6 engine mount what bolts to the block.

Anthony
the gti6 uses a cam sensor which wouldnt have a place on the s16 head so the gti6 management wouldnt work.

S16 engines do have a cam phase sensor - it's at the flywheel end of the head.

Miles

The S16 engine is a huge comedown after the 6 lump really, But easy to fit without needing any mods and even mates to the std 205 D/P

No idea if the GTi6 loom would run the S16 engine but in theory it would be fine just might need a remap as the compression is allot lower

welshpug

not sure if the gti6 ecu would be able to fire the S16 coils, gti6 fires direct, S16 via Amplifiers.

Sign in to follow this