• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Arahan

Fondmetal 4000's

Arahan

Just wondering what wheel bolts Fondmetal 4000's take, from anyone that uses / has used them? Do they take the flat seated 205 ones, or the tapered ones?

Thanks! :rolleyes:

Baz

Tapered bolts iirc, i'd check if mine were nearby...

Arahan

Cheers for that mate, will have to get some then! :rolleyes:

kb_205
Just wondering what wheel bolts Fondmetal 4000's take, from anyone that uses / has used them? Do they take the flat seated 205 ones, or the tapered ones?

Thanks! :)

They take the tapered ones, or atlest thats what mine have! btw did you just win them on ebay for around 117.00

by any chance??

that was a bargain as i saw some there but it was a little to far to travel for me i wanted a spare set :rolleyes: lol

Arahan

Haha! For "around" 117....which was the exact price! lol! And yes I did :rolleyes: been after some for ages! Glad i waited and bid too, text the guy when he 1st listed them and he said he'd end for £150, which is still a bargain and I almost took it, but thought I'd wait and see what the bids went to instead!

kb_205
Haha! For "around" 117....which was the exact price! lol! And yes I did :) been after some for ages! Glad i waited and bid too, text the guy when he 1st listed them and he said he'd end for £150, which is still a bargain and I almost took it, but thought I'd wait and see what the bids went to instead!

haha, i was watching that thinkig ahhh shud i shudnt i lol, i cant believe i paid 400 for mine 6 months ago, they were

fully refurbished powdercoated in white with 4 stretched bridgestone tyre.... ahh kinda gutted :rolleyes: lol

the guy didnt advertise them right really and im glad someone took advantage lol

they are origionally from the ginnetta g33 and it took me ages to source them!

well done ;)

Baz
:rolleyes: Bargain!!

Arahan

Indeed! Dodgy eBay listings are my forte! Haha! Apparently come with 4 very good tyres too, 195, 50's! Overall Im well impressed. picking them up monday!

Anyone have any tapered wheel bolts?

Have posted a wanted on the 106 Rallye Register but its being annoying at the mo and wont load!

Arahan

Picked these up last night, quite impressed! I will be refurbing them or getting them refurbed if I can't be arsed doing it myself, they've been sprayed at some point VERY badly, looks like no prep or anything, just bashed a load of silver paint on! So much in fact that you can barely make out the writing on the front face!

And although the tyres are indeed good, they are all different!

Baz

Nice, mine are coming along nicely! (when i cba)

th_DSC00325.jpg

Got your PO this morning btw James. :blush:

Edited by Baz

C_W

They should really use a tapered bolt (not sure what style, thinks it's just a normal flat taper rather than a bulbous type) but I've used standard flathead bolts for 8 years. :blush:

Arahan

Yeah I thought I'd ask the seller if he had any bolts too, but he just said he had used the normal flat faced gti bolts! Got some winging there way to me off Baz now anyway! (Cheers mate!)

Baz, you polishing the whole wheel or just the rims? How long has it taken you? Id do that too, but dunno if i've got the energy to do it, and to all 4!!

Baz

Just doing the lips/insets, i don't want the whole lot done, breaks it up to have a little colour too, plus i cba... :wacko:

C_W

Originally I had the dish and lip mirror polished by a local metal polishers and then I painted the centres a dark silver/grey. They looked really dark at first but onces the masking was taken off and the bright effect of the almost chrome dish seemed to lighten them up.

fondmetal2.jpg

The bare mirror polish was too much for me to upkeep so I had them repolished then I laqured them; the fronts were fine but the laquer just peeled off the rears - I suspect the heat from the front brakes help "bake" the laquer on the wheel. I left them like this for a while as the rears with the laquer peeled off looked ok. Just recently I've had them powdercoated silver all over for minimal maintenance!

C_W

Is anyone interested in buying mine? - I rarely use the car now, bit annoying as I just refurbed them and put 2 new tyres on!!

Guest kyler000

Hi there. I would be interested in buying them. Text me on XXXXXXXXXX. Would need courier as i live in northern ireland. How much do you need for them even without tyres. Would be grateful if you could contact me as im not on the internet as much as id like. Regards Kyle

Baz
Hi there. I would be interested in buying them. Text me on -------------. Would need courier as i live in northern ireland. How much do you need for them even without tyres. Would be grateful if you could contact me as im not on the internet as much as id like. Regards Kyle

uh ohh! ere come the phone number police...!

t'isnt allowed! :blink:

Jrod

We should call him at 5am and tell him it's not allowed. :blink:

Baz

:blink:

Imagine if his response was 'Why?' B)

platty

ooooo, I like the Fondmetals. They remind me of the old Azez A alloys. :wub: