• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
NeilGTi85

Renewal Of Fuel Lines

NeilGTi85

Hello All,

Basicly I have a fuel leak on my GTi-6, I've brought a new fuel filter from Anthony (Cheers) and all I need now is some hose and fitting's.

I know the fuel rail is 10mm feed and 8mm return but im unsure on the conection on the fuel filter, anyone know? Are they BSP threads?

I want to get the hose/fittings from http://www.earls.co.uk/earls/

Also, on the return from the fuel rail, it connects with the line on the underside of the car, is this just a push fitting?

Cheers,

Neil

welshpug

from memory it was M12, but you could just use the old Banjo bolt and save a fiver :rolleyes:

I looked into this, but its a bloody expensive way to do it so I just used a 405 Filter.

jonnie205

best way to do it is banjo off the top of filter then push fit onto fuel rail with a hose finisher, then on the ruturn you will have to use hose finishers on both end as its a push fitting on both ends, you will need -6 hose. You can get hard line fittings where you can put a fitting on fuel rail or any of the hard lines then fit the hose fitting to that. This is a pukka way of doing it but is costly from places like earls and goodrick etc

Sign in to follow this