• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
nick9one1

Dizzy Cap Firing Order

nick9one1

Ive been trying to start my 1.9 rebuild with no lock so far. It turns over much more easily than the last block (if you've seen my other threads). But I'm not sure I have the plugs in the right order.

From reading other threads I understand that you get piston one to TDC and then connect the HT lead to the terminal that the arm is pointing, then work your way round in the firing order i.e. 1342.

but my question is pistons 1 & 4 are at TDC at the same time, and so are 2 & 3. With it being a 4 stroke engine doesn't only one piston fire at a time? So how do I tell if the car is supposed to be firing piston 1 or piston 4?

Cheers!

Simsy
Ive been trying to start my 1.9 rebuild with no lock so far. It turns over much more easily than the last block (if you've seen my other threads). But I'm not sure I have the plugs in the right order.

From reading other threads I understand that you get piston one to TDC and then connect the HT lead to the terminal that the arm is pointing, then work your way round in the firing order i.e. 1342.

but my question is pistons 1 & 4 are at TDC at the same time, and so are 2 & 3. With it being a 4 stroke engine doesn't only one piston fire at a time? So how do I tell if the car is supposed to be firing piston 1 or piston 4?

Cheers!

1 and 4 will be at TDC at the same time but only one will be firing, the other will be on the exhaust stroke, there is a diagram on here i'll try and find it for you :angry:

EDIT: Clicky

Edited by Simsy

Sign in to follow this