• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
eob

My Rev Counter

eob

My car is a total hybrid, the Mi16 engine is wrapped in a 405 8v loom :D That means, none of the wiring guides work so I'm playing it by ear. One of things which definitely doesn't work is the rev counter :D

I know the rev counter works off the coil, but what I need to know is which pins on the coil go to which pins on the dashboard, just in case anyone knows off the top of their head :D

Thanks in advance :)

Eamonn

GLPoomobile

Should be Pin 1 on the coil plug, and should be a thick turquoise or green wire. It's a shielded wire. Actually, you'll find it will be a normal, thin wire where it terminates at the plug, but check back a few inches and it'll be much fatter where it becomes shielded.

On mine it terminate at the 6 pin brown plug under the dash, at Pin 4 (there will be a green and yellow earth next to it at Pin 3, and Pin 5 will be empty). The configuration of these 6 pin plugs did change at various years of production, so yours might be different.

eob

Indeed. I'm just wondering which pin(s) on the dashboard it actually runs to because I can obviously trace the pin from the dash down to the brown multiplugs?

Sign in to follow this