• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chris1986

Heater Fan Problems Now

chris1986

right i finally traced the wiring back from this nightmare gti that someone's gutted half the dash out of. i have now managed to get the fan working but it was on full blast all the time and the control on the front of the dash was doing nothing when moved, i swapped the reastat over with my other 205 and now i can control which vent the air comes out of but still not the fan speed? what do i check now as i'm out of ideas? could it be the control on the dash? i can't swap it out of my other car as it's a phase 2 and this ones a phase 1.

i can get pics if needed

nick

You need to change the resistor which is on the fan housing itself (block where the electrical plug goes in)

Nick

chris1986

yeah i changed that, but with a phase 2 one doe you think this could be the wrong one? evrything works on the phase2 car

chris1986

thanks for the help i have now cleaned up the resistor and it started working, so i'm going to order a new one, and i've just linked up a new heater matrix so i have now got heat. alli i need now is a dash and i'm away. will get pics up soon.

Sign in to follow this