• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Simsy

Freshening....

Simsy

My 205 is totally standard, even down to the radio, i really want to keep it that way but can't help thinking it would look much nicer with the clear front indicators/side repeaters and the later phase rear lights.

Thoughts!? - Sorry, don't know how to do a poll :)

j_turnell

Judging by your sig im guessing you have a limited edition miami? Full leather, pas etc? If so then i would leave it standard as it will be worth more in its standard form IMO. At the end of the day its up to you, things like lights obv can be put back to standard easily enough, so it wouldnt be difficult to swap them about.... Could just change them and keep the originals somewhere.

welshpug

if it has P1 lights and indicators I would leave them be, maybe fit new items, clear indicators spoil the retro look, especially on a LTD ed :)

Simsy

Aye, its a LTD edition :)

I might fit new front lenses as they are a bit old looking.

mattbenselin

Hi I have a Limited Edition Miami blue also, originally it had orange front indicators and side repeaters and the early style rear lights. Now whilst these are the standard items, they look retro and may make the car worth more in the end, its up to you how you have it now. I decided to update mine with the later style rear lights and clear indicators and clear repeaters and I think it looks great. Really brings it up to date and its surprising how such a little change can make a big difference! Have a search for some pictures or have a look at my car here.

Its up to you obvisouly and you can always go back to standard easily.

Simsy
Hi I have a Limited Edition Miami blue also, originally it had orange front indicators and side repeaters and the early style rear lights. Now whilst these are the standard items, they look retro and may make the car worth more in the end, its up to you how you have it now. I decided to update mine with the later style rear lights and clear indicators and clear repeaters and I think it looks great. Really brings it up to date and its surprising how such a little change can make a big difference! Have a search for some pictures or have a look at my car here.

Its up to you obvisouly and you can always go back to standard easily.

That is mint :)

I want to get mine to the same level of mintiness but totally standard with this one. Did you paint the engine bay at all or just clean it up?

McDude

When I got my H-plater it had phase II rear lenses and I couldn't figure out why the reverse light acted like a rear fog light. It turned out that the bodger that had owned it before hand had just put phase II lenses over the phase I light cluster. The bodging a-hole had even put parcel tape over part of the lense because they don't line up properly in terms of bulbs/lens.

Anyway, long story short, I put phase I lenses on and liked it - am I the only one that prefers the phase I rear lens? The way I see it is that you are fighting a losing battle trying to make a 205 look up to date and if you want an up to date car why have a 205?

I still think the 205 in standard guise is one of the prettiest hatches ever made. I still find myself looking back at it after parking up; phase I lights and all.

mattbenselin

When the engine was out I just cleaned the bay (took longer that I thought!). 2000 miles later and its covered in s**t again, but as the engines half out now being rebuilt, going to clean it again and maybe give it a respray.

I felt a little bad at first changing my car from standard as its a Ltd Ed. but its my car and you should do what you want IMO

Simsy
When the engine was out I just cleaned the bay (took longer that I thought!). 2000 miles later and its covered in s**t again, but as the engines half out now being rebuilt, going to clean it again and maybe give it a respray.

I felt a little bad at first changing my car from standard as its a Ltd Ed. but its my car and you should do what you want IMO

Indeed, i had changed a few bits on the 306, but this i want to keep standard B)

I've got plenty of time and money i need to spend to get it truly mint just with standard bits :)

mattbenselin

Well go for it friend, not to contradict myself, but there aren't enough 205s left in the state they were meant to be in! If you need any bits I have a spare Miami blue GTI (non Ltd. Ed. and no engine).

dino20vt

I had a miami ltd edidtion, one of only 300, so people say, but theyre bleeding everywhere, theyre always up for sale and I do mean the g plate ones with full leather/grey carpets and PAS.

Simsy

Cool, cheers.

All i need right now is new fogs and an engine mount (all on the way). I'm changing the wishbones over and might do the top mounts and bearings too, the springs look rusted to f*** so i might try and source some new ones or maybe blast and repaint the current ones :)

Sign in to follow this