• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Hoopster

Gti6 Inlet Onto S16 Questions!

Hoopster

Hi, Just a few questions on this conversion,

I have a complete Gti6 Inlet manifold fitted to my S16, what parts do i need to take off the original S16 manifold for it to work right?

Injectors? can the Gti6 ones be used?

TPS, it plugs in ok, but is it the same, does it need to be swapped?

Anything else that ive not mentioned that is important?

Would appreciate some guidence!!

Cheers

Dave

welshpug

use the S16 ICV + injectors, the rest works. (you'll need to remove the gti6 icv from its plastic housing and black the hole off, and remove the MAP sensor and black that hole as well)

Map signal you can tee off the Fuel pressure reg.

Miles

S16 Fuel rail is worth swaping over then you don;t have to muck around with Fuel line's, The Map sensor can be left in and just not used

Hoopster

Thanks for the replys!

I have had the car running this morning, with the Gti6 injectors, is it not a good idea to use these?

it seems to run ok, I had used the S16 ICV by taking the guts out of the stepper motor and plumbing it into that outlet.

welshpug

I would use the original Injectors, gti6 ones Flow a fair bit more and would make it run a bit rich.

If you were going for (or are already on) mappable management however I would be tempted to use the gti6 items as you have them there.

Sign in to follow this