• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest jij205

Engine Conversion Into 205..

Guest jij205

Hello people me and a freind are removing the engine out of his 205 and were gunna refit a saxo vtr engine... Wat i was wondering is wat would i actually need for the conversion? Would the saxo engine mounts fit the 205 with out modifications? Also the vtr engine will be running on bike carbs..Wat carbs would u reccomend? The car will be used for road rally, track and just basic road use..

thanks for ur help jij

Rob Thomson

You won't be able to do road rallies with the bike carbs, well not unless you only have two anyway. Standard injection or two carb chokes are the only permitted methods of induction.

custard-rallye

R6 carbs are the best as i have them on my 106 xsi with a vtr engine in it i have a spare set going on ebay for £50 as i need rid of them pm me if you are interested.

swordfish210
R6 carbs are the best

Nah they ain't :) . I'v got them as well but compare them to a set of Mikomi carbs from a GSXR600 or similar you'll see how much better they are than the Kehin ones. They're also easier to set up than the Kehin ones.

Jrod
this recent topic covers the very same conversion into a 205 rallye

He said VTR :lol:

You won't be able to do road rallies with the bike carbs, well not unless you only have two anyway. Standard injection or two carb chokes are the only permitted methods of induction.

True, but such a crappy rule. :( They could at least say if they are as standard then they are allowed, could get a nice euro rallye then. :)

welshpug

meh! same issues :)

drmo

You can use the 205 mounts. The VTR engine is a TU engine so I think there should be no problem mounting it. Maybe there will be some problem with the earlier type MA gearbox bell housing, other than that everithing it should just bolt on. :rolleyes:

decoc182

Hi there, its my 205 jij is talking about, just finally got my account authorised.

Hiya, Im new to the forums, and Ive got my hands on a 205xr with a shot box. What would you suggest would be better for good back lane thrashing, an 8v TU (e.g rallye s2 or saxo vtr engine) or a valver ( from a 106gti or saxo vts)

Would a GTI6 or saxo vts fit in with much modification, Im just worried havent seen anyone do it on the forum with a previous TU engined 205, the only 205s I can find with an Mi conversion or GTI6 are the XU 205 gti's.

Im a diesel boy at heart, and I have spent a lot of effort tuning the HDI engines, so if it would be possible to drop one of these in heeheheh I would love to give it a go (205 with 300lbft torque!!!)

Cheers guys

Sandy

There are strong views both ways on this, having built and owned both 8v and 16v TUs in several specs in 205s, I would favour the 8v for it's character over the small power advantageof the 16v. TBs or DCOEs help to really bring that character out.

mr_exe

My choice would be for either a tu3s engine from the 205XS or AX GT, and they can be highly tuned, but i'm told a tu5 bottom end with a tu3s head on it is doable, something I may try, as we have just bought an XS.

drmo

TU5j2 head is way better head than TU3S. Actually any TU5 head is better. It has bigger inlet ports and valves and is highly tunable.

decoc182
TU5j2 head is way better head than TU3S. Actually any TU5 head is better. It has bigger inlet ports and valves and is highly tunable.

TU5 being a saxo vtr engine (phase 1) or is it the 106 xsi engine?? Or are they both the same??

Is there a thread somewhere that lists all the TU series engines and their CC's and fueling?

BTW its defo sticking TU. Im after an easy 120bhp, V light shell and very good handling. I have some 60mm 306/xsara springs to go on the front, these are much stiffer than 205 springs.

Im either going to carb it, or run MS V2.0+ with TB's.

jonnygoodhand
Is there a thread somewhere that lists all the TU series engines and their CC's and fueling?

Tread with caution (it is wikipedia), but there's a detailed list here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSA_TU_engine

calvinhorse
meh! same issues :)

meh! not really :P

drmo
TU5 being a saxo vtr engine (phase 1) or is it the 106 xsi engine?? Or are they both the same??

BTW its defo sticking TU. Im after an easy 120bhp, V light shell and very good handling. I have some 60mm 306/xsara springs to go on the front, these are much stiffer than 205 springs.

Im either going to carb it, or run MS V2.0+ with TB's.

Any blacktop TU5. The only problem (depends on how you look at it) is that it has holes for injectors.

Similar/the same heads are on TU3J2 (106 1.4 xsi), TU2J2 (106 1.3 rallye), TU5J2 (106 1.6 xsi, Rallye) and euro rallye 205 (TU24) which is withouth injector holes and has different inlet bolt pattern than the others.

Sign in to follow this