• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Doof

Different Oil Pumps

Doof

I'm hoping someone can clarify a question i have on oil pumps. Basically, i've got one of the little black plastic covers that go over the chain and oil pump sprocket...but the pump has no holes to bolt into...

The pump was off an XU10J4...and funnily enough the servicebox diagram shows the black plastic thing fitting to the XU10J4 so presumably this pump should have the holes (unless of course i've got the wrong pump, this engine does appear to be a funny one!)

Anyone know what pumps have these holes? I want to do everything i can to stop surge and if these help even slightly its worth me getting a pump with the holes, but i dont know which i need!

Are GTI-6 pumps the same?

Cheers,

Lewis

Anthony

All XU10J4 oil pumps that I've seen have the mounting holes for the chain cover, although from memory the early engines don't have a windage tray and thus possibly might not have the chain cover either? Otherwise, I'd assume that it's had the oil pump changed at some point in its life.

Miles

Yes the early engine's had the casting for the holes but never used, you can drill and tap these out if needed thou

Doof

think i'll just pick up a late one. thanks for the quick answers guys, appreciate it!!

Sign in to follow this