• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest yabble

Gti Trim On A Non Gti 205

Guest yabble

Hello i have a 205 Dturbo has the front of a gti and i think the rear but doesnt have the wheel arches or the side skirts, now i have been told that if i want to lower the back end (at the moment it looks silly high) i have to cut out part of the wheel arch to allow the wheel to have all it travel without rubbing. Also i have a set of gti struts for the front ready and primed for fitting looks like it will sit a little lower than the standard, so will leave the car uneven.

So simply these are the questions i need answering

1. Will the GTI trim fit on the car.

2. Is it true about the lowering and cutting out wheel arches.

3. Is it a case of changing the shocks on the back to lower the rear end, or do i need to be playing around with the torsion bars or both.

If there is anything that i have missed please help.

Sorry to ask so much just doing my head in trying to figure it out on my own.

Charlie

Jrod
1. Will the GTI trim fit on the car.

2. Is it true about the lowering and cutting out wheel arches.

3. Is it a case of changing the shocks on the back to lower the rear end, or do i need to be playing around with the torsion bars or both.

1. Not without cutting

2. Yes

3. Torsion bars aswell.

jonnygoodhand

You may well be able to get some third-party GTI 'style' arches, for base spec models. You certainly used to be able to get them for the 5 door, as I've a set here which I never got round to fitting to my DTurbo.

Might be worth getting in touch with these guys to see if they can help: http://www.tuning.co.uk/vauxshop/

Guest yabble
Might be worth getting in touch with these guys to see if they can help: http://www.tuning.co.uk/vauxshop/

Hey mate called them they said they dont get them and the company have stopped making them. with your 5 door trim do you reckon it would be possible to cut them down to fit 3 door. if so id like to take them of your hands if your not likely to use them, obviously id pay you for them.

Tesstuff

Buy a cheap Gti and put your engine etc in it?

jonnygoodhand
Hey mate called them they said they dont get them and the company have stopped making them. with your 5 door trim do you reckon it would be possible to cut them down to fit 3 door. if so id like to take them of your hands if your not likely to use them, obviously id pay you for them.

I'm afraid it may look a bit of a bodge job, as the rear arch trim has to split in the middle to allow for the door opening. You'd also have to lengthen the front door section.

I'm sure there must be another way as there must be plenty of non-GTIs out there with GTI trim - infact I've definitely seen a yellow rallye with GTI trim. But anyhow, trimming the rear arches is too much of a ball ache. I did mine with a pair of tin snips. The only problem is, it's none reversable and if you decide you don't like it, realistically, there's no going back!

mikebullock84

just use the gti arches they will fit if you bodge them on, with no more nails behind them, and when you fit the rear arches, slightly angle the plastic arches to allow for the lower arch on base models. I did this to a junior diesel when i was 17!

yellow205s.jpg

mikebullock84

the car looks high the arse end as its parked on a hill!!

Sign in to follow this