• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
306-turbo-tom

Turbo Outlet Flange, Oil Leak

306-turbo-tom

just realized my turbo is leaking a bit off oil from the turbo outlet oil flange, when i rebuilt my engine it had a brand new turbo and i put a new gasket on the flange but its leaking oil, is it best that i dont drive it until its fixed, also been told that the flange may be bowed thats why its leaking, wots the best way to fix this, should i use some gasket paste stuff, or is there a thicker gasket that you can buy, or use a couple gaskets on it to seal it up good, any help would be great, thanks

johny105_y2k

all depends how bad the leak is. i'd try another gasket 1st as its the cheapest option. then see how it goes

craig f90
just realized my turbo is leaking a bit off oil from the turbo outlet oil flange, when i rebuilt my engine it had a brand new turbo and i put a new gasket on the flange but its leaking oil, is it best that i dont drive it until its fixed, also been told that the flange may be bowed thats why its leaking, wots the best way to fix this, should i use some gasket paste stuff, or is there a thicker gasket that you can buy, or use a couple gaskets on it to seal it up good, any help would be great, thanks

Id try the 2 gasket approach also. You dont know if sealer may drop in. Just out of curiosity who built your turbo and how much was it, please?

Edited by craig f90

306-turbo-tom

i bought the turbo off a guy on ebay, it was just the turbo core unit if u know wot i mean, paid £150 for it brand new, which i had 360 degree race trust bearing and some step seals put in, and balaced aswell. 002-8.jpg

craig f90
i bought the turbo off a guy on ebay, it was just the turbo core unit if u know wot i mean, paid £150 for it brand new, which i had 360 degree race trust bearing and some step seals put in, and balaced aswell. 002-8.jpg

Ah, cheers tom. its just mine likes to have a bit of a smoke now and then. Stepped seals you say? Im gonna have to start ringing around again. Im gonna get my second, secondhand one rebiult very soon it seems :(

Beautiful turbo by the way. :)

Sign in to follow this