• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
macaroni

Dangling Water Pipe.

macaroni

Hi,

just finishing off my cylinder head rebuild and I can't find where the water pipe, from the top of the reservoir next to the filler cap, goes. Can anyone remember or please take a quick look for me?

If anyone can remember where I put the big nut for the inner wing engine mounting I'd appreciate that too.

Any help gratefully received.

Cheers,

Antony

large

off the top of my head is it to the T.B. or if its the long thin one its to the top of the rad.

Baz

one on the right goes to the pipe on the thermostat housing. (or TB if you bother with that pointless affair!)

left, smaller one to the rad.

Edited by Baz

macaroni

Thanks. There are 2 pipes on the thermostat housing, arranged in a V-shape. Does it matter which one it goes to?

Cheers,

Antony

Baz

Should only be one actual smaller outlet on the stat housing...?

macaroni

There seem to be 2, one that points diagonally upwards, but parallel to the camshaft, just above no 1 cylinder and the other is next to it but points up and out of the bonnet.

One of these had a blanking pipe on it, I guess the other is for this pipe. I don't remember it at all though.

CosKev
There seem to be 2, one that points diagonally upwards, but parallel to the camshaft, just above no 1 cylinder and the other is next to it but points up and out of the bonnet.

One of these had a blanking pipe on it, I guess the other is for this pipe. I don't remember it at all though.

The one pointing out towards the drivers side of car at 45 degrees is a bleed point for the cooling system I think pal ;)

Should have a screw/bolt in it????

macaroni

Ah yes, it is blanked off, I'll use that when I bleed the system, and plug my dangling pipe into the other one.

Thanks for all your help.

Antony

macaroni

OK, having sorted that one out, I have another dangling pipe, this time from the underside (when fitted) of the throttle body.

Anyone got any idea where this one goes please?

Cheers,

Antony

Edited by macaroni

CosKev
OK, having sorted that one out, I have another dangling pipe, this time from the underside (when fitted) of the throttle body.

Anyone got any idea where this one goes please?

Cheers,

Antony

If its a water pipe it goes to either the header tank,or the thermo housing pipe that you asked about to start with.

The flow of the water goes from the pipe on thermo housing you asked about,into throttle body housing,then there is another pipe on throttle body housing that the water flows back out of and into the header tank :)

But as Baz said,you can by-pass the pipes on the throttle body if you want and run the pipe from the thermo housing straight to header tank ;)

But it could be the vacuum pipe you have got hanging down now if its a small bore pipe???????

Goes to advance unit on dizzy.

;)

macaroni

Thanks. Definitely not the vacuum pipe. I'm a bit thick but not completely stupid!

So this pipe goes to the thermo housing as it isn't long enough to go to the header tank. Then the original dangling pipe must go from another outlet on the TB back to the header tank, I guess.

Or, block of the pipes out of the TB and take one straight from the thermo housing to the header tank. That sounds quite tempting.

Right, I'll check it out tomorrow. Mental note, label all pipes when disconnecting them.

CosKev
Thanks. Definitely not the vacuum pipe. I'm a bit thick but not completely stupid!

Didn't say you were!!!!! :) (But might have crossed my mind!!!!!) :P

So this pipe goes to the thermo housing as it isn't long enough to go to the header tank. Then the original dangling pipe must go from another outlet on the TB back to the header tank, I guess.

Or, block of the pipes out of the TB and take one straight from the thermo housing to the header tank. That sounds quite tempting.

Right, I'll check it out tomorrow. Mental note, label all pipes when disconnecting them.

Think I will by-pass throt body when putting back together,its a bit crowded with pipes as standard under throt body B)

Sign in to follow this