• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jas-E

Water-oil Heat Exchanger

jas-E

Hey,

Im on the final stages of my mi16 conversion and have a question of the water-oil heat exchanger plumbing.

I have decided to keep my 1.9 8v water-oil heat exchanger (the remote one which sits infront of the gearbox). Can anyone please guide me on which pipes they used from the thermostat housing to the top of the radiator?

The mi16 pipes i have all go to where the oil filter would sit, so are no good - and if i try and locate them to the exchanger i end up kinking the pipes. Same with the 8v pipes, but this time the kink comes on the big hose going to the thermostat housing on the head.

What setups have people used doing this kind of conversion?

Thanks for all help and advice.

pug_ham

To use the remote oil water heat exchanger located in front of the gearbox you just need to use the correct top hose with the two pipes that branch off it down to the exchanger as fitted to your 8v.

Should fit straight in with no need to change anything except remove the Mi heat exchanger from the block to fit the remote adaptor plate there.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this