• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Masekwm

Seized Union Between Metal Pipe And Final Rear Flexi Hose

Masekwm

I've been struggling this morning to remove the flexi hose that connects into the rear caliper. The union is refusing to budge.

I stupidly cut the flexi thinking I'd get a 17mm socket on it and that would be the end of it. So now I have very little pipe clamped!

I was wondering if I get a blow torch onto the union and heat it up if this will help to free up the seized union? As the brake fluid is leaking I was going to clamp the brake line further back to allow the remainder to drain and remove any fire hazard? I'm going to go and buy a set of brake spanners too.

Any tips on how to remove this pipe would be great

Ta

Keith

large

I think brake fluid is flammable! You may be better off just replacing the pipe than f*cking about with the old one. If you do want to warm it up, drain the system

jimistdt

Large is right look:

Brake fluid is a flammable product, which contains 80-85% solvent in the form of glycols (methyl, ethyl, and butyl ethers of ethylene glycol).

Robbed of tinternet

hengti

i can't quite remember the arrangement, but is there room to be using mole grips?

Masekwm
I think brake fluid is flammable! You may be better off just replacing the pipe than f*cking about with the old one. If you do want to warm it up, drain the system

Easy way to clean the garage floor then <_<

I am heating the nut before the union so the fluid is a distance away :rolleyes:

Masekwm

All sorted, heated the nut, all the crap burnt away. Still wouldn't budge.

Put the blow torch back on the nut, there was a strange noise and the remainder of the hose shot about 4ft out of the garage :rolleyes:

Brake spanner on the nut and it eased off. All due to a bloody knacked nipple!

Baz
:rolleyes: that's one way to do it!! <_<

large
Put the blow torch back on the nut, there was a strange noise and the remainder of the hose shot about 4ft out of the garage :rolleyes:

<_<:ph34r::ph34r:

Sign in to follow this