• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest yabble

1.8 Turbo Diesel Intercooler And Inlet Manifold Conversion

Guest yabble

Hey guys bought a inlet and intercooler from a 306, on a bit of a whim. The problem i face is moving the vacuum pump as the bracket for the thing is on the original inlet. Now im sure i could fabricate a bracket that bolts onto the engine, but is there an easier way of doing this, or should i just scrap the idea.

Hope someone can help

jimistdt

Hello there Yabble, welcome to the forum.

I have looked into this before and I originally considered the 405 Inlet Manifold and top mounted intercooler, apparantly this wouldn't fit. I then considered the Xantia inlet manifold with a front mounted intercooler, but then looking further into it I needed a Bosch Pump as opposed to the Lucas one as its easier and more adjustable in set up. I've shelved the idea for the moment.

What you running is it a Sceptre?

Edited by jimistdt

yeti-dj

Hello, all you need is the vaccum pump and power steering pump mounting bracket from the 405 turbo diesel, simply bolts into place exaclty as it does on the 405, easy job..

I fitted the 405 intercooler etc to my 205 turbo diesel which was fairly easy but saw very little improvments, probably due to not having any cold air feed like the 306 or 405 bonnets have..

Your other problem is where to mount the desiel filter, i repositioned it next to the battery as you can see in the photo, simple mount to make up.

hope this helps.

post-5843-1224271592_thumb.jpg

Guest yabble
Hello, all you need is the vaccum pump and power steering pump mounting bracket from the 405 turbo diesel, simply bolts into place exaclty as it does on the 405, easy job..

I fitted the 405 intercooler etc to my 205 turbo diesel which was fairly easy but saw very little improvments, probably due to not having any cold air feed like the 306 or 405 bonnets have..

Your other problem is where to mount the desiel filter, i repositioned it next to the battery as you can see in the photo, simple mount to make up.

hope this helps.

Hi and thank you.

I've been looking for this info for a long time, with the whole cooling side of things i have a couple of ideas but i think to get best performance out of it ill have to get a bonnet scoop AHHHHHH. but that would be last resort if i come up with anything else ill let you know.

Again thanks alot

chris-stdt

I looked into fitting an intercooler to my stdt and read on another forum that some peugeot dealers offered this as an option (on the side i assume as peugeot them selves never did this)

It was suggested that the intecooler was mounted on the front somwhere , there was a couple of people on there who claimed to have done this conversion themselves with good power gains using a 306, 406 or zx td intake manifold the main problem would be making and routing the pipes over the engine

auto bonnet?? Not realy sure if its worth it though

Hope this helps

weejimmy

erm i have a 406 inlet mainifold a bosh pump , injectors, and fuel lines, up for grabs in a day or two as im just using the bare block for a conversion,

pump looks realy good, still gold + shiney

and garret turbo but i dont think they are much use for anything but a 406, not sure thoe.

if anyone wants em pm me an offer,

Sign in to follow this