• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pedan

Rear Calipers For My 205 Gti180

Guest Pedan

I need a couple of new rear calipers/brakes for my 205 GTi180 to get it roadlegal. I use 266 mm in the front but I need to change all parts in the brakesystem to pass MOT and rearcalipers is the only part that's missing.

I assume that a rear caliper with a bigger piston will do or bigger discs, what models will fit? I saw that someone were using a combination with 1,6 Gti calipers in the rear, will the handbrake work with those?

Sorry for my poor english.

welshpug

a refreshed standard braking system at the rear should suffice, do you need to replace the current components?

Guest Pedan

Yes i need to replace it according to the rules for rebuilt vehicle. I want it legal to use on the roads with the new engine.

welshpug

not sure I understand what you mean!

Guest Pedan

I know that the rear brakes are good enough, but when i changed the engine i also have to change all parts in the brakesystem, incl front/rear caliper and MC. I have to do this or I can't get a legal registration document that the car got a new engine with 180 bhp. I have to fit better rear brakes, silly but that's the rules.

Edited by Pedan

welshpug

the rear brakes are identical on the 206 to a 1.9 GTi bar possibly the piston size, so there is no real upgrade at all.

cybernck

afaik, the original car 206 GTI180 (if i got you right) has the same rear brakes as 205 GTI,

so surely your standard brakes should be fine - you just need to prove it :glare:. the only way

to improve the rear brakes is to fit larger discs:

http://projects.205gtidrivers.com/b1ack_mi16-brakes?page=1

Guest Pedan

ok, thanks. Do you understand my problem? The most important is that i take calipers from another car. Any other ideas? 307 got 38 mm, but the handbrake attachment on the caliper looks different.

Baz

Isn't the piston larger on the 206's?

platty

Are the part numbers for the two calipers/discs the same?

If so, go to Peugeot and get a quote for both rear brake setups and send it off to prove the rear brakes are perfectly upto the job of stopping 180Bhp.

welshpug

they're more than capable of stopping a Group N 306 rally car, that's all they used @ 200+bhp

Liquid_106

hej Pedan vill du ha någon bilderna av din motor omvandlingen??

(hi pedan - do you have any pics of your engine conversion??)

Translation websites do come in handy every so often ;)

shalmaneser

do the brakes have to be 'better' or do they just have to be off a 'different vehicle'? You can just use 306 XSi/HDi/GTi6 rear calis as they're the same part number as 1.9 calis but are not off a 205....

Baz

Or just 'say' they are those, as they're the same...

Emmy Seize

According to Bosch, Piston size is 30 mm on the 205 GTI and 32 mm on the GTI180 (or RC as we call it)

Baz
Isn't the piston larger on the 206's?
According to Bosch, Piston size is 30 mm on the 205 GTI and 32 mm on the GTI180 (or RC as we call it)

As i thought then, i'm glad someone else noticed!

welshpug

as they are on most 306's (32mm that is)

Edited by welshpug

Sign in to follow this