• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Kriss

Suspension Woes

Kriss

So, on the passenger side the front seems to be sitting lower and the wheel further back. So far i've changed the beams, all the struts and springs and new drop links and it's still the same.There's no signs of any crash damage, so im rulling that out, only things i can think of now would be a wishbone, subframe or the rack. Seems i've gone and bought a complete dog :)

RossD

How much further back? Can you measure the distance between each wheel centre on each side and report back?

Kriss

checked and it appers to be less than half a mm. But, this still doesnt expalain why one side sits roughly 20mm lower than the other

Tom Fenton

Look at the back of the car. If this is uneven for whatever reason this will also affect how the front sits. My guess is one of the trailing arms may be seized.

Kriss

nope, it's a new beam and was all checked

Tom Fenton

I'd still check it has been built square, easy enough job, just need to support car on stands, remove wheels, remove dampers, and measure distance between damper pins both sides. Should be equal.

Sign in to follow this