• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
marksorrento205

Boot Floor - Where Can I Get One From

marksorrento205

As above really, my floors knackered and I dont fancy paying the silly money pug want for one. Anyone know where I can get a new one from or who makes them if anyone.

j_turnell

Could always go to the scrappy with a grinder and cut one out....

DanteICE

are we talking about carpet or quite literally 'the floor'?

davepug205

The floor :D best bet would be the scrappy ill have a look at weekend as Im up there sunday morning I think ;)

ps boot ok :D

Edited by davepug205

marksorrento205

Oh yes the floor!!, Cheers dave that would be spot on, that boot was spot on apart from the fact it showed up things I did not want to see!! Where the back panel has been pushed back it has creased the boot floor (only the first 6 inches) but has highlighted some rot that was covered up by some of that dyno mat sound proofing crap that ways a ton. Not ideal

Last Legend

As already mentioned,get one from a good base model,take it out with an angle grinder,I'd go in on a weekday when their not busy,you could look for the best one in the world as I bet not many people are going to need one.

marksorrento205

It has been resolved!! Its all becaue a tranny van hit me, now my insurance will repair the car which is a god send because they would normally write it off. However because there is not a lot of sound metal to weld the back panel onto they have to replace the boot floor. Happy days!!!

Tesstuff

Good news fella :P

I cant wait to see the final outcome, a little minter i bet :)

marksorrento205

The funny thing is they are insisting on putting a new tailgate on it after all that :lol: They need a new one to make sure they can line things up ok ;)

jonnie205

go down the scrappy, cut one from a base model and weld the bugger in, it will be hard to do as you will have to get boot floor off the rear beam mounting rail. Its a skilled job, let us know if you want it doin? or you maybe gonna do it yourself?

Tesstuff
The funny thing is they are insisting on putting a new tailgate on it after all that :lol: They need a new one to make sure they can line things up ok :lol:

Oh my , you are one LUCKY one aren't you !!! That is surely going to cost them quite a bit to do all that, the most borderline 'write off' case in history surely :lol:

Someone upstairs must like you mate ;)

marksorrento205

I cant belive it either? I have to pay for the boot floor as the damage was not caused by the accident, but they will fit it in there costs from the accident. Bargain and I got 20% off at pug. It goes to show its the colour that pays. Any more thought on your car, You going to to do a build thread daz?

Jonnie205 - thats what I was going to do after thoughts from here, thanks, but as a firm is fitting it they were not interested even when I quoted being green and all that crap and recycling etc - too which he laughed when he saw under the bonnet ;)

Sign in to follow this