• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
platty

Clutching At Straws

platty

Been out trying to connect up the clutch cable to the Xsara box. My question are:-

Is the clutch fitted to the VTS box the push type?

Do I need to replace the clutch with a pull type?

The bracket on the front of the gearbox for the clutch cable will fowl the engine mount if used.

welshpug

Xsara VTS uses exactly the same clutch as the GTi6 (and the TD engines) which is a PULL type.

you can swap the arm and fork for a PUSH type and use a 1.9 Mi16 clutch+release bearing, and a BE3 205 cable.

platty

Bugger.

Gearbox off again then.

Cheers Welshpug.

welshpug

so the fixed bracket on the box gets in the way of the bracket/battery tray that bolts to the chassis leg?

platty

Yes, it fixes to the box in three places. The leg that would normally bolt to the box under the battery tray on the Xsara would now fowl the Bracket by about 15 mm more so with engine movement.

I nearly took the grinder to the Bracket B)

Edited by platty

welshpug

why not? B)

people bash their bulkheads to make these engines fit...

jonnie205

leave the clutch arm and clucth as it is, use the std be3 cable with a 10mm spacer and its fine. The clutch cable braket will also miss the battery tray i just done this exact setup on a 205

whizzer71

Yep it all fits and works very well !,You just need to use the relevant type of clutch !

;)

platty
why not? ;)

Don't tempt me.......I don't take much persuading

leave the clutch arm and clucth as it is, use the std be3 cable with a 10mm spacer and its fine. The clutch cable braket will also miss the battery tray i just done this exact setup on a 205

You mean lower the engine? RS2000 mount and space the gearbox mount 10mm?

If so, that will help with slam panel clearance too.

taylorspug

No he means a spacer on the cable i think, as its too long with the pull type clutch lever setup. Ive got a GTI6 clutch setup on mine and its lovely, pedals alot lighter and feels nicer than a push type. I had to grind the bracket away a touch, but its only 5 mins work. Im doing another conversion for a customer with the same setup soon.

Sign in to follow this