• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GTI6BOY

Eibach 7001s & 7004s?

GTI6BOY

Im still trying to get the right springs for my shocks. Every body recomends the 7001s but i found they do a 7004 aswell.

Taken from my other thread, Miles Quoted:

Eiback only do one lowering spring for the 205, I know the other is listed but it's a known problem and rasies the car, The 7001/120 is the one which lower's a GTi around 20mm from std, I would also use the Challenge spec damper's as the B6's are for use with Std height car's so the Damper rod would be wrong.

I decided to look in to this a bit further and found that the 7004s are made for the 205 also but thay are to fit the base model 205s. A gti model is lower than standard than a base model out of the factory so fitting the 7004s to a base model it lowers the car 40mm but on the gti you already have a 20mm drop which would explain why the do f*** all on the gti.

Now my question is, A rallye would have had base model suspension out of the factory so these will in theory lower my car 40mm and would be better than the 7001s?

Also the b6 shocks are shorter shocks so why would the damping rod be wrong?

thanks

Jrod

As your rallye has a gti-6 engine I'd treat it as a gti.

GTI6BOY

Im thinking more along the lines of the arches being small?

RossD

Don't worry too much about the arches at the front, my base model shell has the 7001's on the front with the challenge shocks and is fine. I've even got the 6J 106 Rallye steels on it which are pretty wide.

jonnygoodhand

Here is a pic of mine with Bilstein B6s, Eibach 106 Sportline (70001s, I think?) and 14" 5.5J Rallye Steelies - long before I carried out any work on the arches. It has the current engine, which is iron block TU with the additional weight of the twin webbers, so probably weighs a little more up front then an XS and little less than an Mi...

It seemed to sit fine and looked just about the right ride height.

rallye160608-02.jpg

Miles

The 7004's will even raise a std car they really are that bad, I know a member on here tried them and now they sit nicely on a 106 rally car, Unless you;ve got 500kg's under teh bonnet that would be the only time they would lower a 205

skinner2k3
The 7004's will even raise a std car they really are that bad, I know a member on here tried them and now they sit nicely on a 106 rally car, Unless you;ve got 500kg's under teh bonnet that would be the only time they would lower a 205

That was me, I ordered 7004's by accident and they made my GTI look like a 4x4! I could get my whole hand between the tyre and arch.

taylorspug

Worth mentioning aswell that BBM top mounts (the harder ones) add about 10-15mm onto the height of the car, if you are worried about it being a little low.

number2301

If you want the 106 Sportlines, I've got a set for sale, virtually new.

GTI6BOY
Worth mentioning aswell that BBM top mounts (the harder ones) add about 10-15mm onto the height of the car, if you are worried about it being a little low.

Im worried about it being to high...lol

Well i already have brand new b6s that i got off my old dimma and i have just checked the springs and they have 7004s fitted. (these are what ab motorsport must have sent me?)

I will post a pic up to see what it looks like when i have fitted them tomorrow.

jengis

look forward to the pics.

I have B6 struts on standard springs and want to lower a LITTLE. It seems 7001's will drop me 20mm. Is this ideal for B6?

Just curious about BBM hard rubbers though - I have tried them previously with standard GTi dampers but don't use them at the moment with the Bilstiens. I want to try them again If I replace the spring. So will the BBM mounts make ride height like standard again?

Edited by jengis

GTI6BOY

This is taking the piss.

The first is my normal set up. I then thought i would give it a lick of paint

DSC00045.jpg

DSC00046-1.jpg

What the f***

DSC00050_2.jpg

I have no idea about what to do with my suspension as i can only ever have it this high or ride on the bump stops? I have never been able to have an inbetween.

Batfink

At least speedbumps wont be a problem! :)

The b6 dampers are really for normal ride height, or 7001's as these roughly lower 15-20mm

To lower around 30-35mm get yourself a set of 106 mk2 Sportline springs.

GTI6BOY

Well i have just put my avo springs on the b6s and its put it back where it was

DSC00051_2.jpg

I have come to the conclusion if i want the height its at now but the travel of a normal spring then i will have to put coilovers on?

Edited by GTI6BOY

Miles

I hate to say it but I said so,

But I have no idea why these are still sold as a lowering spring which as you can see they clearly are not, Eibach do have a warning so if ordered anyone should be told about it and anyone who doesn;t should not be selling them really

GTI6BOY

well it was free and they can go straight back on the dimma as that can ride this high.

Sign in to follow this