• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
yeti-dj

406 Hdi Front Brakes

yeti-dj

Hello, was looking around the scrapy the other day and spotted a 406 that had 283mm -ish front brakes on it, asked the guy and he wanted £20 for both front calipers so i bought them.

The calipers look the same as 307 or 306 front calipers but the yokes that the caliper mounts onto will need to be changed to ones that will allow these to fit onto my 1.9 hubs.

Question is has anyone ever tried this and had any luck and what parts did they use, i have heard that it is possible using gti-6 yokes but not 100% and dont want to waste cash trying and failing.

Be good if this is possible as could be a dead easy way to get bigger from brakes.

cheers for the help people...

welshpug

They wont fit directly to a 205 as you've noticed the offset of the disc and hub are much shallower, as well as it being thicker (24mm IIRC)

Even if they do fit the gti6 yokes (which I think they will, easy to check) you'll still have to buy them from peugeot, which negates the saving of getting the caliper itself cheaply.

Edited by welshpug

yeti-dj

You can get the 307 hdi yokes from Peugeot for about £20 each, but not 100% they will work but if they did it would still end up a fairly cheap way of gettin bigger brakes compaired to buying the 306 gti-6 setup or the complete 307 set up, just a thought...

welshpug

see your point, ish

£28.78 Each inc vat. so £60 for a set of yokes and £20 for a pair of calipers, or £80 straight off for some gti6 calipers.

or better still, some better pads in 1.9 Calipers :P

Sign in to follow this