• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DamirGTI

Driving With Disconnected Droplinks

DamirGTI

I removed today both droplinks cos they where knackered and tied up ARB with duck tape in order to prevent it from sliding down .. (didn't want to bother refitting worn droplinks back :ph34r: )

So , was wondering - is there any major drawbacks on the car stability while driving with disconnected droplinks ? i've seen in a few older posts here that rally drivers usually disconnect them for gravel and wet surface tracks :)

(did ordered a new ones however i need to wait till the monday afternoon for delivery ..)

Thanks ! B)

Damir

Anthony

Chances are with no front ARB the car will be much more tailhappy than it was previously - certainly mine was with one droplink disconnected.

DamirGTI

Presumably it'll be softer on the front right ? :ph34r: and thus , as you've said , it'll promote oversteer ..

I've taken the car for a spin and must say that it feels rather strange now , somehow to light on the steering wheel during cornering with a little bit sharper turn-in :)

Damir B)

Rippthrough

You'll probably find you've got more traction in wet/damp conditions too.

205toby

Yeah I've never done it but apparently better turn in and more oversteer.. It stands to reason! Be a bit more roll too

C_W

You should have just left one droplink on, that way the roll bar wouldn't flop about/go some where it shouldn't but at the same time there'd still be no load on the drop link/roll resistance.

swordfish210

I tried running my car without the arb connected for a few weeks on the road (i had a 309 GTI one on there at the time) and it was as everyone says, better turn in but more oversteer and i really didnt like it, it felt vauge somehow so i swapped the arb back to a 205 one......much better, but each to their own and all that

Sign in to follow this