• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jerseypug

Compbrake Pedal Box

jerseypug

i have s16 disks and calipers on the front and standard 1.9 disks and calipers on the rear, i removed all the previous pipework and compensators and fitted the compbrake pedal box with a .625 rear master cylinder and a .7 front master cylinder. i have done about 200 miles with it now and with the adjustment all to the front brakes, the rears keep locking up first. compbrake told me to swap the master cylinders around so the larger cylinder goes to the rear brakes but i cant see how that will help and i have a big rally on friday/saturday so dont have much time. i am thinking of putting one of the old compensators just before the hydrolic handbrake to reduce some pressure. anyone else fitted one of these pedal boxes and had the same problem?

Rippthrough

Smaller cylinder = more force, swap them around!

welshpug

Peugeot sport spec is 5/8ths front and rear for Gravel, and 5/8ths front 3/4 rear for tarmac, with 5/8ths handbrake MC

jerseypug

thanks for the help. cant get my head around pressure/flow in the brakes. i will swap them over tomorrow and see how they are

welshpug

how did you get on?

Spiky

the .625 is the front brakes :DD:

jerseypug
how did you get on?

when i changed the cylinders over they worked fine, hard to set up on the road as the rear goes all light and locks up. i have been advised to set them up on grass. just done a rally and the brakes were really good.

i have the compbrake handbrake and adjustable top mounts that i am very pleased with along with the bias pedal box which is great when you get used to not having a servo. i also fitted the compbrake rose jointed bottom arms which fitted fine but i went back to the 309 ones as i ran out of time before the rally to set them up properly and was a bit put off after reading about them on here. i will try them again now i have more time

Guest rs-tone
i also fitted the compbrake rose jointed bottom arms which fitted fine

Hope the rally went well.

I had some mates down your way (for the first time) in a Mk2

I think they finished 18th.

They really enjoyed the event and weather.

Not sure if I mis quoted you above or not not used to this forum :angry:

Sign in to follow this